The Network Operations Centre (NOC) technicians are in charge of monitoring critical network elements and engaging in proactive systems monitoring.
Troubleshooting is a daily task for a NOC technician, and they work regularly with customer operations and corporate clients to troubleshoot all problems that may arise.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
* Monitoring of all networks and services in a 24/7 operation to ensure high availability and attainment of service levels.
* Provide first level support and troubleshooting on all systems.
* Reporting and escalating alarms and equipment outages to field personnel and engineers.
* Maintain NOC procedures, documentation and equipment records.
* Provide incident management status reports to various departments.
* Liaise with other sections within the Technology Department in order to carry out the support function.
* Liaise with Customer Care personnel and Technical Helpdesk on subscriber related problems and requests outside of office hours.
* Undergo staff training as required by the company
Technical / Professional Expertise:
* Ideally in possession if an ICT/Engineering/Electronics/Telecommunications related qualification, such as;
* Bachelor's Degree in an ICT/Telecoms/Networking related field.
* MCAST Advanced Diploma in IT (Computer Systems and Networks or End User Support).
* Diploma in Computer Engineering.
* NCC Diploma in Computing (MQF Level 5).
* Candidates in possession of professional certifications such as CCNA, LPIC-1, ITIL Foundation Certificate will be looked upon favourably.
* Must possesses excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
* Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems will be looked upon favourably.
* Must display strong organizational and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Must have strong analytical and problem solving ability.
* Must be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
* Ideally have knowledge in Networking and Telecommunications Systems.