Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Do you love solving challenging problems and delivering groundbreaking solutions? Do you like helping clients to get it right whether it means guiding design, implementation or deployment? Are you ready to grow your career by using your architecture and development expertise to bridge the gap between product and business?
Our Professional Services Center of Excellence (CoE) is seeking a talented Architect who shares a real passion for technology, innovation and enthusiasm to exceed customer expectations and increase our best-in-class position. Our team acquires a deep understanding of the customers' business, the strategic goals and specific requirements for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. As an architect, you'll use the technical abilities of the consulting team to lead, drive and own solutions which assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
A typical day may include:
* You'll collaborate with project teams on larger projects. You'll guide and advise customers and colleagues while independently conducting small to medium engagements with clients.
* You'll analyze customer requirements. Break down high-level requirements to build out the delivery road map to design and implement pre-packaged technology solutions based on (COMPANY NAME) Management product stack.
* You'll create customer-facing solution documentation and specifications.
* You'll write code and script to produce and refine custom solutions, focusing on test driven development and Agile methodologies as well as deploy and configure products.
* You'll research new technologies and provide technical guidance to management.
* You'll generate estimates and plans for delivery based on requirements and assumptions.
* You'll document standard methodologies in developing and deploying (COMPANY NAME) solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
* You'll grow and maintain knowledge of the entire (COMPANY NAME) product line.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a WWCC CoE Consulting Architect, the incumbents in this position have the crucial role and responsibility for architectural excellence, relentless execution, inspiring and transferring knowledge and best industry practices as part of a project, team, focus group, or organizational strategic initiative.
Responsibilities & Priorities:
* Deal enablement and pre-sales - 20%
* Delivery Excellence - 60%
* Training & Mentorship - 20%
Total - 100%
Deal enablement and pre-sales
* Analyze customer needs to produce technical solutions based on (COMPANY NAME) technologies in the context of large enterprise environments meeting functional and non-functional requirements (secure, scalable, maintainable, etc.)
* On customer projects, help breaking down high level requirements to manageable/executable work items in conjunction with delivery team and Project Manager and produce Level of Effort (LoE), high level plan and design for customer proposals
* Present solutions and articulate how business requirements are met to all levels of customer resources, from operators and consumers to highest management staff
* Design high quality systems choosing best approach for decomposition, structure, layers, sub-systems and composition
* Defining what project success means together with customers and stakeholders
* Setup project execution by defining delivery plans which include project execution methodology, work break down, SDLC practices, staffing proposals, critical path analysis, network and float, scheduling, cost and earned value simulations, risk and release management
* Govern solution implementation to meet the agreed design following best practices and required quality level; identify and communicate risks with potential impact on solution delivery, customer satisfaction and team wellbeing
* Ensure that all architectural and design documents, diagrams, non-functional requirements, standards, and best practices are followed and done on time and with high-quality
* Assist in the development of standard reusable (COMPANY NAME) "productized" consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
* Lead adoption of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, infrastructure design and development; provide technical guidance to management team
* Occasional travel to customer sides, partner organizations and other offices abroad, as needed
Training & Mentorship
* Mentor/coach team members to develop their skills; provide performance and attitude feedback to people managers
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
(COMPANY NAME)'s Professional Services Center of Excellence:
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, Storage and IT services Delivery. Our Automation and Orchestration Consultants work with (COMPANY NAME) technologies which assist with the automation, orchestration and management of virtual infrastructure and Cloud.
We deliver solutions to help customers to fully benefit from the possibilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating third party products and automating processes. To achieve this, the following (COMPANY NAME) products are mainly but not solely used:
* vRealize Orchestrator
* vRealize Automation
* vRealize Operations
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable, or the location agreed upon with your hiring manager. You will be expected to live within a number of time zones from your team as defined by your business.
What are the benefits and perks of working at (COMPANY NAME)?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting wxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.
* Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
* Generous Time Off Programs
* 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
* Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
* Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. (COMPANY NAME) will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. (COMPANY NAME) encourages applicants of all ages. (COMPANY NAME) will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
|Posted on:||19 Mar 2023|