Job Title: AVP IT - Application Support Manager - RTB
Corporate Grade: AVP
Reports to (Line Manager's Job Title): RTB Manager
Direct Reports (if applicable): NA
Business Area: Markets Technology
Department/Function Level 1: CCO & Functions
Department/Function Level 2: CCO
Primary Location: Mexico City
IAR Role: No
Regulated Role: No
(COMPANY NAME) Overview
(COMPANY NAME) is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, (COMPANY NAME) UK and (COMPANY NAME) International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition - our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
About Investment Bank
The Investment Bank provides advice, financing and risk management solutions to companies, governments and institutions worldwide. We help facilitate global economic growth by enabling the movement of capital between those who need it and those looking to generate a return on investment.
About Mexico IT
Within the Investment Bank business, Mexico Technology operates as one team to provide the appropriate support for our local customers, including the necessary application and infrastructure required for the Mexico applications to adequately operate.
About Post Trade Technology
Post Trade Technology operates as one team to ensure all Post Trade processing for (COMPANY NAME) Investment Bank.
Overall purpose of role
This role will perform a role as Application Support Manager; will be required to focus on Day to Day Run the Bank application support activities, to then manage adequately the Incident Management process on the application framework from regular incidents to Major Incidents either as coordinator or active participant. It will be responsible to follow up troubleshooting with other support teams and vendors until resolution and to provide a local point of contact for IT application problem management.
Initial point of contact for the Mexico business in relationship to application support.
Provide reports of progress of the local IT team to local IT head
Adhere to IT Controls and procedures.
Interact with other local and global IT and business teams.
Preparation and execution of Resilience tests
Maintain adequate documentation in relationship to support and knowledge base
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Report progress on active incidents
Prepare reports of incidents to identify patterns and reduce re-occurrence
Prepare and analyse metrics according to incidents category and urgency
Coordinate incident resolution and provide appropriate update to stakeholder and management
Represent RTB on other RTB forums and with Mexico management
Work with RTB lead to adequate support standards
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Participate actively in the prioritization of ongoing issues
Work with CTB team on assessing solutions
Work with other RTB teams to enable synergies across the firm
Follow up on Problem Records according to Problem Management standard
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal (COMPANY NAME) Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Computers Science Degree
· Strong knowledge on plan for release management.
· Good knowledge on Project Management
· Good knowledge on systems architecture and Front to Back flow
· Must have Financial Background and understanding of local regulation.
· 2 years of solid experience on RDMS such as Oracle or MSSQL to perform Database queries, creation of stored procedures and application releases
· Understanding and execute basic operation of Windows/Unix commands.
· Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) in English and Spanish with senior management
· Capable to summarize and provide status
· Must be a team player
· Comfortable in quickly learning technologies to achieve business solution
· Structured, organized, comfortable with multi-tasking, detail oriented, proactive, high energy team player
· Comfortable on working during different shifts covering market open or market close
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Engaging personality who can foster relationships with business and technology community
· Worked for an Investment Banking institution for at least 3 years.
· Product knowledge (Fixed Income, Interest Rates Derivatives, FX, Options, Equities) desirable
· Very good analytic skills
· Capable to work and relate with other teams not only from Technology
· Capable to manage different support activities
· Understanding of Financial applications from Back Office and payments (preferably OPICS, SPT, SPEI)
· Understanding of Equities market OMS (preferably LOR)
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.
Purpose and Values
(COMPANY NAME) has a single cross-business Purpose for (COMPANY NAME) and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is (COMPANY NAME) for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them