As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Bxxxxxx.xxm BV's acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in Mexico. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Bxxxxxx.xxm. You inform hotels about Bxxxxxx.xxm. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Bxxxxxx.xxm's system. You will assist the Supply Manager Mexico on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Bxxxxxx.xxm in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Bxxxxxx.xxm website.
This full-time position will be based in our Guadalajara office.
* Visit the important hotels in the region;
* Support Bxxxxxx.xxm BV's-strategy for hotel availability and supply within the region;
* Promote the Bxxxxxx.xxm BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
* Responsible for area coverage;
* Inform hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
* Rate checks and competitor checks;
* Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
* Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
* Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
* Accompany and train hotels on how to use Bxxxxxx.xxm's extranet and rates & availability system;
* Support hotels with regards to Bxxxxxx.xxm's system;
* Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
* Check statistics in the control room and follow up.
* You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Bxxxxxx.xxm BV.
* 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
* Fluent English and Spanish speaker and writer
* Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
* Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
* Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
* Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
* Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
* Business focused;
* Positive attitude;
* Hotel School or University background preferred;
* Driver's license;
* Availability to travel 50% of the time;
* High School diploma or equivalent required