Here at Bxxxxxx.xxm, we experiment at remarkable speeds. Sometimes, we fail just as fast. But that's okay. We have over 150 small, agile tech teams with diverse skills and broad experience, who innovate very quickly. As a result, our website is the best place to book hotels and other accommodation in the world.
We are exclusively open-source in terms of tech stack utilizing ground breaking technologies such as Google Cloud, Kubernetes, HAProxy, Cassandra, Linux, Hadoop, Grafana, and ElasticSearch, to give you an idea.
As a Manager of Infrastructure you will join Bxxxxxx.xxm's Core Infrastructure department and will be responsible for our virtualization infrastructure engineering teams.
Your goal will be to help your team to fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. We need you to support architectural decision and the delivery of reliable infrastructure products while delivering a phenomenal customer experience.
You will collaborate with our product managers to ensure that we are always working towards what's most meaningful for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for the performance and quality of your teams and infrastructure products.
* Build and foster great engineering teams to deliver world-class infrastructure.
* Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
* Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy for your teams in alignment with customer needs and company direction.
* Build infrastructure that will leverage the scale of resources available in the public and private cloud.
* Be a Mentor and support the professional growth of your team members
* Help us to attract and grow talent from around the world.
* Experience in leading large infrastructure projects (virtualization) while also being responsible for building high-performing engineering teams.
* Do you know the challenges of migrating to a virtualized infrastructure?
* Are you able to navigate between building high-level plans and getting things done quickly?
* Flexible and adaptable in the face of a fast-paced environment.
* You should keep a balance between our long-term vision and identifying which projects need to be delivered first.
* We are fostering a Data-driven environment in which new ideas should be backed-up with facts.
* Our teams love direct Feedback and appreciate open communication, we hope you do too.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger - with over 80 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and advance your career in a multicultural environment.
Did we make you curious?
This position is open to people worldwide and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Please apply via our website with your English CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you