At Bxxxxxx.xxm, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Are you frustrated by how hard it is still to plan trips? By the fragmentation of information and the varying levels of trust in the different entities you deal with while planning a trip or traveling? We know that travel means more than a hotel room. The places you visit, the things you see, the people you meet; there are countless moments that shape every travel experience. Delivering this mission is the focus of the Experiences team. Based in Amsterdam, we're a thriving group of curious, fast-paced and focused people who are dedicated to bringing innovation to the travel market. We're looking for an Manager Software Development (Senior Engineering Manager) who likes getting stuck into new business development, influencing new tech solutions and building products from scratch.
As a Manager Software Development, you are responsible for leading a group of teams.
We hire the best and the brightest professionals, and we empower individuals rather than restrict them.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You can hold your own in a technical argument, but you know getting out of the way is often the best option. You get things done via influence, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for our customers. You work closely with our product owners to ensure we are always working towards what's most important for our customers. And you take full end to end responsibility for your area.
We do agile software development based on Scrum. We build highly available systems to make sure we deliver global experiences marketplace to the travellers worldwide.
* Lead a growing group of agile development teams (5+ teams of ~5 people each)
* Coach and develop team leads as well as team members
* Attract, hire, develop and retain IT talent from around the world
* Work closely with Product Owners and Senior Product Owners
* Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities
* Support team leads in solving problems and issues within the team
* Act as an intermediary for complaints and problems
* Manage performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
* 2+ years experience in management of a bigger set-up (30+ people, managing other managers)
* Diverse managerial experience including a combination of big and start-up organization
* Experience in working on similar type of product(s) that impact customers as our scales
* Background in software and systems engineering;
* Experience in product development with cross-functional teams
* Independent, pragmatic and pro-active work attitude
* Past experience as an individual contributor with high impact is a plus
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best 'deal' possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
* Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
* Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work
* Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
* Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
* Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Bxxxxxx.xxm