We are looking for a Commodity Trader to support our key activity of commodity hedging via financial derivatives. You will provide maximum leverage to the organization with regards to risk management of Danone commodity exposure.
This is a challenging role, are you ready for that? If your answer is yes, apply today!
About the Job
Danone Cycles & Procurement are shifting our focus in procurement to fully support our "One Planet, One health" purpose. This change contains improving our ways of working on a variety of areas like Sustainability, Business Partnering, Supply Management, Procurement Excellence, and Digital Innovation.
In this role, you will responsible for hedging execution of OTC swap and options markets, within a mandate
aligned with CRM Manager, relevant Finance, Category and Business stakeholders. You will deliver and maintain risk management dashboard (exposure, positions report, coverage, performance against a benchmark, Budget impacts, Risks & Ops); review and challenge price forecasts with Market Intelligence team.
You will report to the Market Risk Manager and your key missions will notably include:
- Support Risk Management Strategies & Coverage recommendations
* Give market insights, benchmark, analytics (back trading simulations of different models) to support the design of risk management policies.
* Develop coverage recommendations to CRM and Category teams.
* Identify opportunities to change supplier contract terms (indexes & lags, etc.) to increase our financial hedging capability.
* Explore hedging tools beyond OTC swaps and options.
- Calculate and track commodity risk exposure; build relationships and commitment with stakeholders across the business to implement new risk management policies;
- Manage relationships with banks;
- Measure hedging performance vs benchmark and propose actions to correct sub-optimal behaviour, if any;
- Partner with Market Intelligence team to analyze market trends and support price forecasting;
- Monitor compliance of our financial positions with risk management policies and with hedge accounting rules (IFRS9);
- Conduct risk education, financial derivatives usage and promotion of risk management approach across the business on an ad-hoc basis.
To be successful in this role, you have a Master Degree, ideally with a deep knowledge of Procurement or Trading environment, analyzing global commodity markets, building technical analysis and forecasting models, using financial tools to mitigate price risk. You a great networker who can build relationships with key internal (Category, Market Intelligence, Controlling, Treasury) and external stakeholders.
We will welcome an open-minded, reliable, proactive and team-oriented person. Strong communication and technical skills are required to connect to other finance teams and manage financial forecasting and procurement complexity.
Danone's mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the "apply now". To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me Giorgia Calabria, Talent Manager Finance Benelux, Gxxxxxx.email@example.com