About the Opportunity
The main responsibility of the Disease Specialist is to improve the awareness in the Netherlands for rare diseases among Nephrologists, Hematologists and Cardiologists by building and maintaining strong external relationships and partnerships in hospitals in a designated territory. As a Disease Specialist, you support early diagnosis and referral of patients with rare diseases to treatment centers for follow-up and treatment to achieve company targets.
About Sanofi Genzyme
Sanofi Genzyme is the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, focused on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology and rare blood disorders. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Our ambition is to be the industry leader in specialty care. We currently provide more than 20 treatments to patients globally, with many potential new therapies being studied in clinical trials and in Sanofi laboratories.
The Disease Specialist:
* Establishes and manages relationships with healthcare professionals by building knowledge of diseases, scheduling meetings and following-up with healthcare professionals;
* Is responsible for the development and delivery of territory plans, linked to national plans;
* Informs healthcare professionals regarding the diseases in the therapeutic area to create a better understanding of the disease and the patients affected;
* Educates healthcare professionals about and initiates diagnostic projects and relevant diagnostic tests and the referral process in the Netherlands;
* Gives scientific presentations to groups of healthcare professionals;
* Reports relevant information about customer contacts in the Customer Relationship Management System;
* Participates in congresses and symposia for healthcare professionals and supports activities during these events;
* Delivers input for national strategy to increase the disease awareness and shorten the diagnostic delay of patients with rare diseases;
* Supports the organization of territory-specific medical education events;
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with healthcare professionals;
* Works closely with the cross-functional team (medical, marketing and patient care to develop and deliver field, marketing and medical plans).
* Master's degree (beta) with affinity for communication and business;
* A few years (1-2) of experience in a commercial role in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred but at least communication skills should be at a genuinely high level;
* Strong organizational skills;
* Effective networking skills, able to build trusting and lasting relationships with customers;
* Excellent communication and presentation skills;
* Professional, goal-oriented and proactive, with a strong work ethic;
* Integrity and self-awareness;
* Analytical and forward thinker, problem solver, results oriented, self-organized and self-starter;
* Fluent in Dutch and English.
What Sanofi can offer you
* A generous package including flexible benefits;
* A healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we're not there to try to solve everybody's problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all