About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, (COMPANY NAME) is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
We are looking for a talented software developer who loves solving complex problems using Ruby.
You will be helping to build out the contact and membership management platform, called Connections, for (COMPANY NAME)'s Websites + Marketing suite of products. Sign up for a trial account and check it out.
About our team
Our team loves working remote. You'll find us using Slack, Zoom, Jira, Github and email to communicate and collaborate. Despite being physically apart, we are a close-knit group who make an effort to get to know each other. This is not a team where you'll take a ticket and work on your own until it's completed. Rather, we work together and help each other; we pair program remotely when needed. And at least once a year we'll all travel to the same location to meet in person.
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Some things that make us special:
* We all work remotely: Eng, PM, UX, everyone.
* We have a sensitive and respectful working environment.
* We value diversity on our team.
* Life and family come first; if you need time, you take time.
Where we're located
The development team is based in Europe, and we collaborate closely with teams across the US primarily in California, Florida, Arizona and Texas, and occasionally with teams in the UK and Germany.
What we work on
This team is responsible for building an API platform which provides contact management capabilities for our products which serve small business owners. The project is broad in scope, used by numerous products including our mobile apps, and serves not just to collect, manage and segment contacts, but also to raise insights about those contacts so that our customers can better engage and sell to their customers.
How you will help
As a developer on the team, your duties will include specing and building APIs, solving complex back-end and scaling problems, and integration efforts. You will work with our distributed team of Developers, Product Owners, UX and UI designers to build and scale a young application.
We use Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Redis, Sidekiq, Github, Jenkins, and Kubernetes. As part of the team you will be responsible for writing high quality, clean and tested code.
On a daily basis you will
* Work as part of a distributed agile team, remotely attending and contributing to Scrum ceremonies; as far as possible we try to group meetings together so you are uninterrupted the rest of the day.
* Develop features working on backend APIs and data schema design, sometimes pair programming with your teammates to solve difficult problems, sometimes working on your own to deliver a story.
* Improve application performance, availability, and quality by writing tests, fixing bugs, reviewing code or helping to resolve incidents.
Our wish list
* You've built APIs for applications before,
* you have experience working with React, and
* have developed web applications using a framework like Rails.
* You have experience with MySQL Cassandra and/or ElasticSearch.
* You have familiarity with Scrum and working in an Agile environment, and
* you're experienced with Git and GitHub, and related workflows.
* You have experience working on a remote software development team, and
* you are on the US East Coast, Europe or in a similar time zone
We recognize not everyone has all of these. We value talent and interest over specific experience and would encourage you to apply even if you have just some of our wishlist.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. (COMPANY NAME) will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Rxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxm
Please note that (COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application