The contracts manager oversees commercial contracts and/or subcontracts processes in Benelux in accordance with (COMPANY NAME)`s policies and systems. The contracts manager oversees the review and the approval of all contractual documents for protection of the company´s contractual posture, response to customer requirements and adherence to (COMPANY NAME)`s policies.
* Uses sophisticated negotiation skills and influence to direct and control contract negotiations as required to meet established milestones and objectives. Drafts agreements in Dutch
* Maintains and up-to-date and effective knowledge of company products and service offerings
* Maintains client focus that balances the needs of the business for profitability with ensuring the contractual terms and conditions protect the company and minimize risk
* Supports (COMPANY NAME)´s Legal department systems and tools and actively encourages their use throughout the organization
* Understands the roles and responsibilities of all relevant company employees to draw upon the expertise of others to achieve business objectives
* Provides regular input into the development and maintenance of standard contract templates and pre-approved alternative language
* Play an active role as a member of the global legal services team providing input in the development of policies, participation in project work, and implementing initiatives and directives within the organization.
* Advises on legal aspects of (COMPANY NAME)'s transactional business using sound legal and business judgment and experience.
* Collaborates or cooperates with local management team, global legal services team, outside legal counsel in various matters.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
* Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
* Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others
* Able to negotiate persuasively and effectively.
* Able to conduct in-depth research into applicable laws and judicial decisions and make appropriate recommendations of actions to take.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to communicate legal research information clearly and concisely to others.
* Able to make sound legal decisions.
* Able to interact positively and effectively with others at various levels within the organization and outside parties.
* Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address
* Able to prioritize work-load based upon business needs and goals
* Qualified legal degree from certified educational institution required.
* Accountability: Freedom to act. Operates under minimal supervision, within established guidelines. Exercises a high level of independent thinking and problem solving capabilities. Empowered to provide contract terms interpretation to business stakeholders. Conducts negotiations on their own.
* Native Dutch-speaker, speaks English fluently at a professional level.
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years in the practice of commercial/corporate/contract law required with an emphasis on commercial buy/sell transactions. Preference for in-house experience handling complex contractual review and negotiation matters.
* Preferably Dutch/Belgium qualified lawyer
Cultural Competency Requirements:
* Within (COMPANY NAME) diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology
|Posted on:||06 May 2021|