Reporting to the Sales Director, EMEA, this role will play a pivotal role in supporting field sales of scientific instruments. This is a high-impact role that is critical to our goals. The Field Application Scientist will be responsible for the functions that drive top line growth including, but not limited to:
* traveling to customer sites to carry out installation and validation of calibrated instruments
* providing appropriate training to customers on product usage and maintenance
* prospecting for new business opportunities and engaging in technical discovery.
The Field Application Scientist will work closely with account managers to develop the EMEA market according to the company strategy and will develop and maintain meaningful relationships with our extended sales network and customers.
* Assist the EMEA field organization to meet or exceed sales goals through hands-on technical expertise of (COMPANY NAME)'s CRDS instruments
* Installation, maintenance, basic troubleshooting and repair on designated equipment
* Prospect and perform technical discovery to help find new sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales in cooperation with account managers
* Identify and articulate unique (COMPANY NAME) product strengths
* Perform product installations and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
* Act as the customer voice inside (COMPANY NAME) to influence future product direction
* Does any necessary administrative work including filing reports or presenting sales team with necessary documents
* Assess potential new applications and develop methods to be used with (COMPANY NAME) systems
* Participate in conferences, trade shows and other forums
* Document work in CRM and work collaboratively with the team
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in a technical field
* Strong affinity for earth or geosciences
* A talent for sales
* Hands on experience with analytical equipment, preferably laser optical instruments, isotope ratio mass spectrometry or other trace gas analyzers
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
* Reporting to the Sales Director, EMEA
* Up to 70% international travel
* This position is based in Den Bosch, The Netherlands
About (COMPANY NAME):
(COMPANY NAME), Inc. is the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas and optical stable isotope instruments, which are used in a wide variety of scientific and industrial applications, including: atmospheric science, air quality, greenhouse gas measurements, gas leak detection, food safety, hydrology, ecology and more. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at (COMPANY NAME)'s Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. (COMPANY NAME)'s products are based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) technology. (COMPANY NAME)'s solutions are unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and reliability.
Honors awarded the Company include the World Economic Forum Technology Innovation Pioneer, IHS CERA Energy Innovation Pioneer, the U.S. Department of Energy Small Business of the Year, the TiE50 Winner and the Red Herring Global 100 Winner.
Key investors include Benchmark Capital Partners, Greylock Management Corporation, Duff, Ackerman & Goodrich, Stanford University, Focus Ventures, Mingxin China Growth Ltd., NTT Finance and Weston Presidio Capital.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals