Service Technician Aruba
NL, Arnhem | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 3810
Renewable Energy is your passion? You are looking for a new challenge in which you can influence strategy and development of a company? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Service > Benelux, South Africa & Kenya > Dutch Antilles
Vestas Benelux is a local Sales Business Unit (SBU) with its main office in Arnhem. The SBU sells, constructs and services wind Turbines in the Netherlands, Belgium, Aruba & Curacao. The Benelux organization also supports countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and employs approximately 120 employees in the Netherlands. On Aruba we have 10 WTGs and on Curaçao 15. On both islands we have a small organization consisting of 3 to 4 technicians.
The objective of the Service Technician on Aruba is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
* Develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines
* Enable you to perform daily maintenance and other field service related tasks
* Responsible for electrical and mechanical operations
* Covering installation activities, usage of our systems like Condition Monitoring / Remote Control, creating follow up orders
* You will work with high voltage
* Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met, you will be part of a team of Technicians (f/m/d) working throughout the region
* Other duties will be to carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas specifications together with component replacement (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic) and troubleshooting on the systems
* Experience and/or degree within electricity and/or mechanics. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
* Hydraulic experience is an advantage
* Professional experience in this area
* Basic knowledge of MS Office
* Very good knowledge of Dutch and English
* Driver's license class B
* Ability to work efficiently in a team
* Results oriented and structured
* Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
* Ability to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
* Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
What we offer
Becoming part of an international company, a world leading company in the wind energy industry, means having a challenging job, working with exciting products (wind turbines) and colleagues across countries. There are many learning opportunities in the Netherlands and other countries. We will secure and administer necessary trainings, like HV authorisation to get you fit for the job.
Please apply online including your salary expectation and notice period.
Work location is on Aruba, local applications will be preferred.
For further questions please contact Astrid Grandt (Managing Recruiter & Teamlead NCE).
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and following us on our social media channels