Who We Are
(COMPANY NAME) ePayments, formerly known as Global Collect, is a leading global payment service provider, processing international eCommerce payments for more than 600 of the world's most recognized eCommerce brands. Global Collect was acquired by (COMPANY NAME) Group in 2014 and merged with Ogone in 2015 to become (COMPANY NAME) ePayments.
(COMPANY NAME) Group offers the right, secure, smart and seamless payment solutions whatever the channel: in-store, online and mobile. (COMPANY NAME) Group provides merchants with a comprehensive and innovative range of services and solutions that eliminate payment complexity and make purchasing quick, seamless and secure for consumers, whatever the sales channel or payment method. (COMPANY NAME) Group comprises of three divisions: (COMPANY NAME) Smart Terminals, (COMPANY NAME) Payment Services and (COMPANY NAME) ePayments. Through our comprehensive range of smart terminals, payment services and mobile solutions, we facilitate merchants' in-store and online payments acceptance.
The Privacy Officer will join the Data Protection team, which focuses on data protection and privacy. From our office in Hoofddorp, we advise and assist our business across the globe to ensure compliance with relevant global privacy legislation. Together with the Data Protection Officer (DPO), the Privacy Officer will strengthen and maintain the overall company privacy management; and assist our business stakeholders to innovate in a rapidly changing environment.
Deliverables / Tasks
* Works with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and global business units to ensure both existing and new products / services comply with the relevant privacy obligations.
* Works with local legal counsels, local management and key departments to ensure the organization has and maintains the appropriate privacy level.
* Fosters a data protection culture within the organization and helps to implement essential elements of the GDPR and other relevant global privacy legislation, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects' rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
* Assists local business units with development of tools and methodologies to ensure on-going compliance.
* Maintains a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all requests / complaints concerning the organization's privacy policies and procedures.
* Conducts Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) to determine mitigating measures relevant to the risk level and maintains Data Processing Inventory (DPI) together with the Business.
* Ensures alignment between security and privacy practices.
* Offers consultation if a data breach or other incident occurs.
* Develops and provides regular data protection-related training of regulations and company procedure updates to staff.
* Expertise in national, European, and international data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR and related regulations/mechanisms (e.g. Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, USA);
* A solid understanding of the PSD2, PCI DSS and their relation to privacy and data protection laws.
* Certified in privacy law and/or privacy management (e.g. CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/US);
* Familiarity with privacy and security risk assessment and best practices, privacy certifications/seals, and information security standards certifications;
* Sound understanding of and familiarity with information technology programming and infrastructure, and information security practices and audits;
* Adequate self-awareness and confidence to acknowledge knowledge gaps and seek to fill them from reliable sources
* Education at University or equivalent level
* 2-5 years of experience in data protection program management
* Experience in a financial/payments environment
* Affinity with IT and IT-related projects and ecommerce
* Experience in managing people and processes
* Experience in project management
Other significant role requirements
* Fluent in English in word and writing
* Eligible to work in the EU
* General knowledge of Agile, IT and ecommerce
* Practical experience in technical platform integration using internet protocols
* Preferably experience in an e-commerce, bank or payment industry environment
Please note that your appointment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment screening and background check which will be conducted by a third party (CV-OK). This shall include a 'verklaring omtrent gedrag' or Certificate of Good Conduct (criminal history), a reference check with your previous employer, and a financial background check