Cloud Database Administrator
Working with us you'll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world's most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that's the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
You will sit within a central database team reporting to the senior cloud specialist. You will assist the channels/business units in migrating their existing on-prem databases into the AWS public cloud and providing ongoing support for those databases once they have been migrated. You will also be responsible for helping to maintain any databases that will remain on premise. Your other tasks will include:
* Providing guidance on schema design.
* Proactive and reactive performance tuning.
* Proactive and reactive cost optimisation for databases in the AWS public cloud.
* Configuration and testing of effective database monitoring.
* Creating and configuring the archival of old data.
* Security and controlling user access to the databases.
We expect you to have
* A desire to master the support and configuration of databases in the cloud.
* To pick up new skills in the ever changing world of IT and be responsible and capable to self-teach when required.
* Previous experience with 2 or more database technologies (ideally these will include one of the following MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL).
* Good scripting skills and the ability to produce repeatable, safe code either in SQL, bash or another language such as python.
* Some IT certifications, or evidence that you have done web-based training off your own initiative to improve your database skills
What we offer
* Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
* Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
* Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
* Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
* New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
* Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
* Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
* Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
* Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
* Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
* We don't like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
* Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
* Flexible working practices
* Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
* Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
(COMPANY NAME) in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of KraKow next to Vistula river - we're in the heart of one of the world's most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you'll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet