Reuters is looking for an enthusiastic and globally-minded video producer with experience in video journalism and strong written and spoken English to join our newsroom in Gdansk, Poland. You will work closely with our global video teams in the UK, US, and Singapore, delivering unbiased, real-time news coverage to more than 1,000 broadcasters and hundreds of digital outlets around the world. The successful candidate will work across our video products, including segments such as Sports and our client community desk. The position offers tremendous variety, ranging from planning and producing our coverage, to helping to manage our user community online.
We have a dynamic newsroom including pictures, text, data, and graphics journalists who collaborate to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. We are the first to know the news.
This is a full-time, desk-based role, that requires flexibility. You must be willing to work as part of a global 24/7 rotating shift system, including weekends and public holidays, with occasional night shifts. You will report to the Gdansk Newsroom Manager. There will be some flexibility to work from home where appropriate for the role. Besides English, additional languages would be an advantage.
As a Video Producer you will:
* Work as part of our video team ensuring our scripts are fast, accurate, and unbiased
* Have a keen eye for visual storytelling and the ability to produce compelling video within tight deadlines
* Pitch fascinating story ideas that work for both broadcast and digital platforms
* Work as part of a global team covering events starting from the planning phase through to production work
* Action client queries quickly and efficiently
* Keep our clients updated with latest developments on breaking and developing stories.
* Work as a team with pictures, text, video and on-line colleagues to ensure integrated multimedia news coverage and production
To be our Video Producer, you will likely have:
* Professional journalism experience - bonus points if in broadcast, digital, or agency video
* Excellent news judgment and a passion for breaking news
* Amazing video editing and script writing skills
* Unflappable interpersonal and organizational skills even when under pressure
* A love for being part of a diverse, global team
* Excellent English, written and oral -- fluency in any other languages a plus
* A desire to work with colleagues dedicated to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 4th June 2021.
What's in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
* Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
* Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
* Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
* Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At (COMPANY NAME), we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about (COMPANY NAME) can be found on txxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm.
Req #: JREQ1xxxx4
Locations: Gdańsk-Poland Job Function: News & Editorial
|Posted on:||05 May 2021|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|