(COMPANY NAME) Transport & Logistics Services organization is approximately 450 persons globally with purchase volume of 2.8 billion Euros, working in the category dimension of Land, Ocean and Logistics Services. We are responsible for plan, purchase, operate and follow up the service execution of transports and services. Securing the needed logistics services capacity at the right time, with the right quality, at the right cost and in a sustainable way; to continuously contribute to the goal of having 100% satisfied (COMPANY NAME) customers. Transport & Logistical Services (TLS) has a new dimension with responsibility for end-to-end Flow Development based on 3 pillars: Optimization, Planning and Performance.
About the job
Transport Production Developer for Logistics Services (Consolidation Points in Europe) is responsible for secure and continuously improve Logistics Service Provider's operational performance in all respects (as defined by set of relevant KPIs) within an agreed frame/conditions, and maximize the optimization potential related to Service Provider's production costs - in close cooperation with business partners and relevant supply chain stakeholders within Transport & Logistics Services, mainly with Logistical Operations Developer function. The scope of responsibility covers consolidation services in logistics units (Consolidation Points) in Europe.
The main responsibilities are:
· Secure expected service levels with existing service providers by follow-up, monitor & implements relevant actions, constructive feedback and constant improvement of the operational process,
· Optimal capacity: Together with Logistics Service Provider (LSP) and internal supply chain stakeholders in TLS secures optimal usage of agreed/available logistics capacity vs planned/needed capacity. Actively works with capacity forecasting (mid- and short-term), identifies SP's production constraints due to peaks, volume fluctuations, etc. and, together with supply chain stakeholders in TLS finds optimal solutions leading to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost,
· Purchasing Process: Contributes to LSP's management and development by supporting, respectively, logistics purchasing process. Supports Business Developer with Tender/other procurement activity's preparation & implementation. Contributes with local operational and market knowledge (e.g. Safety Standards). Handles contract administration,
· New set-ups: Implements, operationally & from LSP perspective, and in close cooperation with Logistical Operations Developer and other relevant functions, new LSP set-ups. Contributes to development of WMs and documentation (e.g. Consolidation Point Handbook for suppliers, Consolidation Point Manual),
· Competence development: Secures and shares needed Industry competence with all relevant functions. Link between "Industry" and "Flow" dimensions, together with Logistics Operations Developer. Participates in relevant external forums / networks in order to keep up-to-date with transport trends,
· Preconditions for production cost-out: Creates link between LSP's production planning and (COMPANY NAME)'s logistics operating frame, to find opportunities for optimization of LSP's productions costs (with Total Cost perspective),
· Innovations: Follows up the innovative developments, contributes to implementation of innovative approaches both internally and at external partners,
· Build trustful long-term relations with both external and internal parties,
· Act as (COMPANY NAME) ambassador when communicating with service providers.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
· University degree or during studies, eventual equivalent of proven business experience (Transport, Logistics, Economics, Business Administration),
· High interest in logistics and supply chain operations supported by relevant professional experience, minimum 1 year experience with handling external providers (custom knowledge will be an asset),
· Comfortable in transport and logistics industry, following market development and keen on implementing new logistic solutions,
· Great communicator, good negotiator,
· A team player and always ready to take initiative and responsibility beyond your defined scope,
· Able to see win-win solutions from total Supply Chain perspective,
· Creativity in mind and always challenging existing set-ups,
· Fluency in English both written and spoken, second foreign language will be an asset,
· Very well structured and well organized,
· Result and goal orientation,
· Well-developed analytical skills,
· Project Management skills,
· Computer skills an proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
· Driving license Cat. B.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than September 30th. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English