(COMPANY NAME) exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a savvy and experienced Data Engineer to lead a team to work ingesting data, building data pipelines, and ensuring data are in a state appropriate to fuel machine learning-based services in our next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion.
You will be working in a very friendly environment and be part of a well-motivated, multicultural, talented and growing team, helping to build and optimize our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in a big data context.
If you love to learn and expand your competencies in a data-driven philosophy, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can't miss.
What you'll do
* Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers in designing and building scalable & reliable data processing pipelines using state-of-the-art big data technologies. Some (not all) of Databricks, Apache Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Google Big Query, Azure Data Lake Storage, Delta Lake, Airflow, Luigi, Apache Beam, Celery, etc.;
* Set goals and development targets for the engineers and support them with feedback and development plans as they progress;
* Contribute to the hiring, training, growth and development plan for engineers within a managed team;
* Work with the team to set and maintain data engineering standards and practices while motivating engineers to challenge the status quo in order to grow and go far;
* Assure the collaboration of managed team across different teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes;
* Engage with the team's Product Manager on planning and reporting the execution status of initiatives in the product backlog and roadmap;
* Partner with the Data Science Lead, who is responsible for building, training and evaluating ML models;
* Provide guidance on data acquisition and transformation (supporting data wrangling andfeature engineering), getting the most out of data in order to fuel machine learning-based services;
* Drive and foster the evolution of data models, schemas, and structures of different types (e.g. relational, NoSQL, graph, etc.).
Who you are
* BSc in Computer Science or similar field. Data engineering certification is a plus;
* A Python, Scala or Java engineer with a focus on data processing libraries and packages, but open to eventually use other languages and platforms if necessary;
* Familiar with batch & streaming big data technologies related to Apache Spark. Databricks and HPC systems is a plus;
* Display leadership and inspire others by example, acting as a role model in living and breathing the team and the organization's values;
* Comfortable dealing with trade-offs between project delivery and quality, especially those involving latency, throughput, and transactions;
* A person that enjoys staying on top of all the best practices and tools of modern data engineering, while being a keen advocate of data quality and continuous improvement;
* An autonomous decision-maker, but at the same time a strong team player, capable of making important technical decisions in a structured way as well as engaging the team on the outcomes;
* Energetic, creative and fun to work within an agile environment;
* Someone interested in large-scale systems and passionate about inspiring teams to solve complex problems while being open and comfortable with changes in the tech stack the teams use;
* A strong English communicator (both written and spoken). Portuguese is considered a plus;
* Not afraid of failing, because we challenge assumptions and push boundaries since we have a culture of experimentation and learning from our mistakes so that we continuously improve!
We are looking for a savvy and experienced Data Engineer to lead a team to work ingesting data, building data pipelines, and ensuring data are in a state appropriate to fuel machine learning-based services in our next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion