About (COMPANY NAME)
At (COMPANY NAME) we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it's for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, (COMPANY NAME) is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We're not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making (COMPANY NAME) the most innovative banking account in the world doesn't scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on…
About the role
We are looking for a strong-minded, individual with experience in team management. The successful candidate will be in charge of running an AML operations team based in Lisbon, Portugal.
The team managers main objective is to ensure that the team is managed in line with key KPI's. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that staff is adequately resourced, trained and meeting targets on a regular basis.
Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
* Managing an AML/Fraud/KYC team of up to 15 investigators
* Performing side-by-side quality assurance on all staff in the team
* Reporting MI to the AML operations manager on a weekly basis, addressing key weaknesses/issues
* Responsible for appraisals/performance management of staff members
* Conducting one-to-ones for staff members, addressing key areas of weaknesses and addressing them appropriately in a timely fashion
* Provide leadership to the operational staff, ensuring that they understand the controls set by the business and the risks involved
* Assisting in updating standard operating processes in line with changes to processes
* Raising system and process issues to the correct department, ensuring the problem is fixed as soon as possible
* Running continuous improvement meetings to help the business improve in its SLA's
* Reviewing, setting and maintaining SLA's in line with business requirements
* Addressing any conflicts or issues that arise within the team, working with the AML operations manager to fix them
Benefits of working at (COMPANY NAME):
* Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
* A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
* Impactful work - you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
* High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
* A stack of modern technologies
* Generous stock options and competitive salary
* Learning and development support scheme
* Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
* Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
* 25 days of holidays plus 14 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
* (COMPANY NAME) VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Portugal
As a perfect candidate you should bring with you:
* Previous experience directly managing staff and supporting senior managers
* Understanding and good awareness of regulatory requirements within the AML/compliance sector
* Financial services knowledge, preferably gained in a regulated environment
* Up-to-date knowledge of AML processes, systems and procedures to enable technical guidance and support to be given to other team members where necessary
* A strong leader with a proactive attitude
* Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate empower and inspire members of staff
* Data analytic skills, logging MI and assessing statistics. Skilled in Microsoft Office (most importantly Excel)