(COMPANY NAME) exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to join the Group Treasury team within an exciting and rapidly expanding business. This is a key role within Group Treasury, a team of currently 9 strong members across London and Porto.
Primary responsibilities of this role will be performing all treasury accounting procedures, managing the daily and short-term cash liquidity, and maintaining our banking infrastructure as the Group continues to grow. The Treasury Analyst role will work closely with all members of the team, provide cover to the other treasury analysts based in Porto and will report to the Treasury Operations Manager in Porto.
What you'll do:
* Do weekly and monthly reconciliations of Treasury transactions (investments/funding/FX deals/etc.) within the Treasury Management System.
* Maintain Intercompany loan registers, issue monthly loan statements and liaise with accounting & tax teams.
* Review interest income/ expense lines and ensure these are in line with forecast.
* Carry out the Group Daily Cash & Liquidity Management activities, including calculating cash balances, identifying daily funding requirement and investment/ redemptions of surplus cash.
* Manage Group bank accounts & facilities, including; account opening, account closing, ad-hoc documentation and updating database information.
* Provide support to the Treasury Operations Manager and Accountant on various ad-hoc requirements including general administration, operational activities, data analysis and project work, as required.
* Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures.
* Support internal and external audit.
* Be the back-up for other local team members.
* Support the team with projects as required.
Who you are:
* Fluent in English - both verbal and written.
* A professional with a degree in Financial, Accounting or Business.
* Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Self-starter with good organisational and time management skills.
* Driven and motivated individual, able to work within a fast-paced technology environment.
* Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
* Team player
* A professional with knowledge in Microsoft tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* A professional with 1-2 years previous Treasury or banking experience (a plus).
The Treasury Analyst role will work closely with all members of the team, provide cover to the other treasury analysts based in Porto and will report to the Treasury Operations Manager in Porto