The Accountant is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting requirements, whilst adding value and insight in to month-end reporting. The individual would be prepared for a fast-paced environment as we work towards the goal of becoming the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers, while revolutionizing the way the world shops for luxury fashion.
The ideal profile is a qualified accountant with strong all-round business accumen, a high degree of analytical and technical ability ideally with past exposure to luxury fashion or multi-channel retail. This role requires a motivated individual with strong problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail and is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
What you'll do:
* Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process for the UK business incorporating offline and online sales channels.
* Contribute to the EU, UK VAT and Intrastat reporting, ensuring that all filings are complete and on-time.
* Perform balance sheet and P&L reconciliations at the month end, ensuring that all of cut off adjustments such as accruals and prepayments have been made.
* Perform monthly bank postings, working closely with the Accounts Payables Team.
* Be responsible for accurate and timely payroll postings whist performing checks to ensure that monthly reports are in line with expectations. Further to this reviewing that all payroll control accounts are cleared down on a monthly basis and that HMRC deadlines have been met.
* Assist on reconciling our PSP accounts on a monthly basis to ensure that all accounts have been settled.
* Oversee and enhance cash controls within the stores and be responsible for petty cash reconciliations.
* Work closely with the remaining Browns finance team to ensure that group reporting requirements are met in both a timely and accurate manner.
* Actively contribute to ensure all internal financial month end reporting deadlines are met and are both timely and accurate.
* Assist during both our internal and external audit processes to collate information and provide end-to-end to support.
* Develop and execute financial control improvements to support the growth of the business with a willingness to voice new ideas and document processes.
* Assist in financial change projects alongside other senior members of the Finance team and wider group stakeholders.
* Be involved in ad-hoc project work as the business scales.
What you are:
* A qualified Accountant in Portugal or internationally (CC/TOC, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with industry experience post-qualification;
* Able to quickly understand multiple business areas;
* Have previous use of multiple systems such as Microsoft AX, inventory management & accounting systems, etc.;
* Proficient on Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups);
* Have a track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines;
* Able to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines;
* Comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to work with a high degree of autonomy;
* Fluent in English, both written and spoken (mandatory);
* Have great communication skills - to both internal and external stakeholders;
* Have an excellent attention to detail;
* Have a proactive approach to investigate and resolve various issues;
* Effortlessly adaptable to change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals;
* Have a strong identification with (COMPANY NAME) core values;