(COMPANY NAME) exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our people. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to integrate our team focused on our platform for luxury fashion users and partners. You will work on critical services/frameworks, focusing on the latest security and application performance trends, building scalable and reliable REST APIs. If you are ready to embrace new exciting challenges, have the desire to continuously gather and share knowledge and apply it in a practical way then we want to hear from you.
What you'll do:
* Develop and manage foundation services, applications and frameworks used by multiple platforms and engineering teams;
* Work with architects to search and research new technologies;
* Provide operational support for kick-starting technical projects and validate technical solutions;
* Support operational auditing of platforms;
* Stay up to speed with all backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
* Be knowledgeable of performance and application security topics;
* Understand the full development life-cycle with emphasis on software quality processes;
* Design simple solutions to complex business problems ensuring availability and performance;
* Work with some of the following technologies and/or standards: Apache Cassandra, Redis, .NET Core, Kafka, Identity Server, OpenID Connect, Elastic Search, OAuth 2.0
Who you are:
* Passionate about creating the right tools and processes to optimize and leverage the tech business value;
* Eager to learn and share knowledge;
* An excellent team player with great communication skills (English is mandatory, Portuguese is optional but preferred);
* A dedicated problem solver;
* A person with great attention to detail and ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
* Knowledgeable of SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs;
* Passionate about designing and developing large scale distributed applications;
* Familiarized with two or more from the following: Asp.NET Core or Java; Apache Cassandra or NoSQL database; Kafka or another message queuing system; Redis or another cache persistence.
The Architecture team is a central piece in the global technology team and has the mission of improving the sustainability of the (COMPANY NAME) Platform in the long run