Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round - they rely on (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, (COMPANY NAME) is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, (COMPANY NAME) delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
(COMPANY NAME) Romania delivers advanced signaling, supervision and control systems for railways in close cooperation with (COMPANY NAME) Germany, information systems for England's motorways and major roads in close cooperation with (COMPANY NAME) UK, Human Computer Interfaces (HCI) for air and land simulators in cooperation with (COMPANY NAME) France.
EPS-SG : EUMETSAT Polar System Second Generation Ground Segment
PDAP : Payload Data Acquisition and Processing is a sub-segment of the EPS-SG EPS-SG objective is the continuation and enhancement of Metop system service for next years : 2xxx-xxx2, in force since 1st January 2xxx 3 series of 2 satellites to be operated
PDAP is the main part of the EPS-SG:
Acquire global and regional mission data at SDA and DBA sites
Process the data into L0, L1 and L2 products
Distribute the generated products to the MMEs for archiving and dissemination
PGFs are the Algorithms tha process data received from acquisition to create L1 and L2 products. PGF are running in DPI framework base on Big Data technologies Apache Kafka and Storm.
As part of development activities for production of L1 and L2 products, you are part of the team in charge of developing and testing software algorithm in charge of transforming sensor data from European meteorology satellite.
Your mission are:
* Participation of software development and maintenance activities (Core algorithm and interfaces)
* Definition, production and test of software developed
* Support of software integration in system production environment
* Technical documentation as per project quality standards
* You have significant experience in Java development
* You have good skills in object programming and industrial process development
* You have good knowledge in configuration management using Git and development framework Eclipse
* You have skills in scientific treatment
* You have experience in java development in Linux environment
* You can read and write documentation in English
* You can interact with French speaking team
* You are looking for a job where you will have to show your analysis and synthesis skills, you communication skill and your adaptation ability to various working context.
* You are rigorous in applying working processes
* You are autonomous and proactive on your tasks
* You like teamwork and knowledge sharing
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now