Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, (COMPANY NAME) is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, (COMPANY NAME) connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
In order for us to create a world where you can truly Belong Anywhere, we need to ensure that the marketplace offers pricing and policies that match guest and host expectations. The Market Dynamics team works on pricing, cancellation policies, fees and monetization. As a product manager on Market Dynamics, you will be responsible for vision, strategy and execution of work that leads to a more frictionless, efficient marketplace.
* Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap
* Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from the team
* Prioritize roadmap and execute on highest impact projects
* Deliver growth through smaller experiments and strategic bigger bets
* Work with other product teams to ensure pricing and policies that enable or promote the efficiency of their initiatives
* Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
* Outcome oriented: not reactionary; they articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
* Consensus builder. Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution.
* Must be an excellent communicator.
* Must have strong product vision & instincts.
* Big thinking: should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone.
* Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights.
* For certain products, PMs should be experts and thought-leaders in their area of focus.
* Must have a great understanding and empathy for (COMPANY NAME) customers; must be an (COMPANY NAME) customer advocate.
* Rigorous: ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, and make sure dots connect on goals
* Technical respect: must be able to garner respect from engineers
* Design respect: have great taste and must be able to garner respect from designers
* Have a passion for creating great experiences