-Why is the Notifications Team important at (COMPANY NAME)?
(COMPANY NAME)'s users rely on our ability to deliver timely, descriptive, and relevant notifications. We communicate with guests and host through several channels, including email, push notifications, and text messages. We believe that, as the primary means by which users hear from the brand, (COMPANY NAME) has a responsibility to ensure communications are carefully crafted and well-received.
The Notifications team is a part of Infrastructure at (COMPANY NAME), responsible for delivering millions of communications each day. We provide the tools by which all other teams, from engineering to marketing, deliver their important information. We strive to maintain our "five-nines" of uptime, respect user's communication preferences, and build intelligent optimization and tracking tools. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building scalable infrastructure.
-The following experience is relevant to us:
* 4+ years of industry expertise
* Ruby and/or Java knowledge
* Experience maintaining a high-throughput, high-uptime service
* Notifications delivery (email, text messages, push notifications)
* Tracking and machine learning
* MySQL, S3, RabbitMQ, Kafka
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more