Software Engineer, Plus
(COMPANY NAME) Plus is a new, innovative team at (COMPANY NAME) transforming the company's core business from the ground up by introducing a new global selection of homes verified for quality and comfort.
We are growing our team and looking for talented engineers to join us in building the technology solutions that will help us scale (COMPANY NAME) Plus to include millions of new homes. We operate at all levels of the stack: we're responsible for the products that empower hosts to meet a higher standard of quality and design and grow their business through (COMPANY NAME) and to attract a larger number of travelers to use (COMPANY NAME) for the first time.
The team focuses on providing a seamless end-to-end experience for our Plus hosts and guests. From high-throughput Java services, to Ruby user-facing applications, to mobile (iOS/Android) flows, to rich client-side applications using ReactJS, to data pipelines, to machine learning, we emphasize reliability, testability, quality, and solid engineering design. To get to know the caliber and diversity of the team we've got, checkout this article about Carol, one of our engineering managers, who was named one of the most powerful female engineers of 2018 by Business Insider.
What are examples of work (COMPANY NAME) Plus engineers have done?
* Product launch: An end-to-end launch of a reinvented (COMPANY NAME) experience from mobile, web, and new services. The team created brand new flows from the ground up to enable verifications and merchandising of a brand new global selection of homes. This included inventing new ways to navigate (COMPANY NAME) Plus listings, book them, and showcase all the aspects a home has to offer. It also included brand new host-facing experiences that empowered hosts to make changes to improve the experience they provide their guests, and earn more with (COMPANY NAME), and enabled the (COMPANY NAME) Plus verification program to scale globally from Shanghai to Cape Town to Austin.
* Mid-trip reviews: We've built a detailed and accessible host-facing set of quality standards that are clear and easy to access in our product. The solution provides a seamless feedback loop from guests to Plus, and from Plus to hosts.
* Machine learning: We've built machine learning models that can identify high quality listings both on (COMPANY NAME) and Off (COMPANY NAME), identify high quality hosts who we would want to onboard to Plus, and check in on continuous quality maintenance for listings that are part of (COMPANY NAME) Plus.
* Proof-reading service (full stack): We've built out a proofreading service that ensures editorial quality for (COMPANY NAME) Plus listings. This product is now becoming the company standard and is being scaled up for use on other products at (COMPANY NAME).
* Fix it Flow (full stack): This service is one part chat, one part verification, one part task queue and enables (COMPANY NAME) and hosts to work together to improve their home to meet (COMPANY NAME) Plus standards. This product was so successful it, too, is being scaled up for use on other products at (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) Plus in the press:
* TechCrunch: (COMPANY NAME) is rolling out a new tier aimed at higher-end travelers
* New York Times: From New (COMPANY NAME) Plus, Properties With More Amenities
* Wall Street Journal: With an IPO planned, the company seeks to broaden its appeal beyond home rentals
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness Discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter Subsidies
* Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Much more