For the last two years a team in Oslo has built products to help our users know who to trust when transacting in our marketplaces. That team is moving into FINN, but Trust & Reputation is still a key piece of the Marketplace Component portfolio and we are rebuilding the team in Barcelona.
You will be the first backend engineer in the new Trust & Reputation team in Barcelona working very closely with engineers from Oslo to take ownership of transfer the products from Oslo to Barcelona.
Trust & Reputation builds a peer feedback review system for items, buyers and sellers and a rich trust profile with data showing who the user is, including data points like expected reply time to messages, their activity on the marketplace, feedback between end-users (rating and reviews) and more. Trust & Reputation is a full-stack component with iOS, Android and web SDKs.
Trust & Reputation backend stack currently leverages the following technologies:
* AWS, Cloudformation, RHEA
* Kotlin and Java
* Spring Boot, Spring Data REST
* AWS SQS and SNS
* AWS RDS (PostgreSQL)
* Prometheus & Grafana
Key success factors for this role:
* Successfully take ownership of the Trust & Reputation products and participate in the transition of these products from the Oslo team.
* Design, develop, maintain and operate the global product and its technical platform.
* Ability to build and design technical solutions from scratch.
* Deliver readable code and clear documentation.
* Be on top of the latest developments in distributed systems and the cloud.
* Help to improve our ways of working and communicate best practices.
* Continuously monitoring the health and quality of our systems.
* Ability to identify and execute on opportunities for collaboration between teams and engineers across teams
* Help the team find stable and scalable technical solutions
* Participate and contribute to forming and implementing the product strategy of Trust & Reputation