R&D Mechanical Engineering Internship Large Format
The (COMPANY NAME) Barcelona site hosts the (COMPANY NAME) Large Format Printing & 3D Multi Jet Fusion printing business, having the responsibility for the Research and Development (R&D), Marketing and Operations for it. Join a creative and dynamic R&D team working on leading edge printing technology!
The selected candidate will be part of the R&D Mechanical Engineering team to support the Large Format Printing product development.
The R&D Mechanical Engineering team develops electromechanical assets that ensure top print quality for the above-mentioned product lines. It is based in Sant Cugat del Vallčs, Barcelona. This R&D ME Internship position will be involved in the development and validation of the mechanisms and algorithms that regulate the paper movement in a Large Format Printer. It's an excellent opportunity to exploit your potential while participating in a fun, multidisciplinary and dynamic working environment.
* Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
* Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
* Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products
Education, skills and experience
* Currently studying Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Typically 0-1 years experience
* Motivation, proactivity and hands-on attitude.
* Experience or understanding of ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
* System view, good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of design for sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
* Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
* Knowledge on design of experiments, testing and data analysis
* Knowledge of simulation and modelling tools such as FEA analysis, CFD.
* A Women Network that organizes activities all year long, such as the promotion of STEM vocations among girls.
* Opportunity to learn on an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
* Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
* Flexible schedule to adapt to Bachelor's or Master's degree academic program. Part time or full time.
* Sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and regular fitness classes such as Yoga, Pilates, etc.
* We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities.
Schedule -Part time
Shift -No shift premium (Spain)
EEO Tagline -
(COMPANY NAME) Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities