Working in Storage team you will be part of Data Highway tribe that is in charge of developing and running services that facilitate data sharing between (COMPANY NAME) Market Places and Central Services.
Storage team is in charge of offering Kafka and Cassandra as Managed Services for all teams and marketplaces in (COMPANY NAME). Our services run on AWS and we mainly develop in python and java. We enrich Kafka and Cassandra native solutions with plenty of features related to automation, stability, scalability, observability, usability and security.
* Invent: identify hidden areas of improvement in any process or system, including changing established rules or procedures
* Create: lead the creation of data processing services and exploration tools
* Protect: improve the reliability and availability of (COMPANY NAME) systems by gathering hard data, designing systems and creating or adapting code for increased service reliability and performance
* Survey: Implement monitoring solutions enabling production systems to be monitored 24/7
* Share: Share knowledge and provide expert advice to (COMPANY NAME) engineers as to how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs, fostering a mixed development and operations culture
* Engineer: Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise all sorts of technology solutions.
* A degree in Computer Science or related branch
* Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
* Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.) is a plus.
* Experience working with the Cloud (any of AWS, GP, Azure)
* Good UNIX background.
* Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Python, Golang, Java or similar)
* A good understanding of the best practices for developing software (version control, CI/CD, automation, peer-programming, documentation, testing, …)
* Experience with "big data" NoSQL databases design and optimisation (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc) is a plus.
* Experience with Agile methodologies.
* The desire to be constantly learning, and see the coming challenges as a great opportunity to keep growing.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more