At (COMPANY NAME) we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products. Would you like to join the talented team that is making this possible?
(COMPANY NAME) takes pride on having an open culture, where every opinion matters, and everybody can contribute in many different ways. We believe that we don't hire people to fit in a job description. We hire people to find the best way to produce the most valuable work that they can do. Each guild holds weekly meetings to discuss the state of the code, and decide what actions have to be taken in order to it continuing being maintainable, readable, and scalable.
The day to day of an Engineering Manager, you will:
* Lead engineering for a topic team to ship high-quality software on predictable schedules.
* Make sure that the meetings are effective (daily, retros, groomings)
* Coaches people & organization
* Helps dev team to visualize their work
* Implement process improvements
* Have regular one on ones with engineers, where you will:
* Set expectations, provide regular feedback & keep team members accountable (Conduct performance reviews)
* Develop a strong two-way feedback loop where you share organizational context and build a deep understanding of the engineer and how they work
* Support engineers and help reach a resolution when challenges arise
* Craft a fulfilling and engaging work experience through regular career growth and development conversation
* Iterate and improve our engineering processes and technical culture
* Participate in hiring and onboarding of engineers
* Maintain a strong and up-to-date understanding of the challenges and opportunities your team is facing building and deploying software. Most of your time won't be spent coding, but you should get your hands in the code regularly to maintain context.
Helpful Skills and Experience
* You have experience leading an engineering team, either as a team lead, or as a senior engineer/technical lead.
* You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed.
* Full stack engineering knowledge with any server-side language (Java/kotlin preferred) would be helpful.
* You have very strong verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills.
* You're comfortable with participatory management.
* You have a track record of holding a team accountable to goals and aligned with company-wide strategic priorities, while maintaining high levels of autonomy on your team.
We are really friendly and expect any new member to join us to be respectful, appreciate diversity and have a sense of humor. We are constantly learning new technologies, acquiring new skills, as things change fast at (COMPANY NAME). And (COMPANY NAME) is aware of that fact, so every employee has a budget for courses and conferences.
Are you ready to join the (COMPANY NAME) Challenge? We are waiting for you!
xxx2; All-new, modern and inspirational office space
xxx2; Flexible working hours
xxx2; Specialized training
xxx2; Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
xxx2; International team (now 11 nationalities and counting)
xxx2; Team building activities
xxx2; English/Spanish lessons
xxx2; Half-day Fridays
xxx2; Free coffee, and free fresh fruit
xxx2; Private Health Insurance
xxx2; Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
<button class="btn btnLarge btnAction