Mechanical Product Engineer 3D Printing
The (COMPANY NAME) Barcelona site is responsible for the Research and Product Development and Operations of (COMPANY NAME) Metal 3D Printers.
We are looking for a Mechanical Product Engineer of our new 3DP Platform.
The selected candidate will be part of the Operations team for 3D New Products Industrialization (NPI), located in Sant Cugat del VallÚs (Barcelona). He/she will partner with R&D and NPI Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new 3D products into world-wide production. He/she will:
* Actively participate in the New Products Design phase working closely with R&D to ensure product design is optimal from Operations perspective (manufacturability, serviceability and cost).
* Drive definition and development of product critical manufacturing tools, test and calibrations from early prototype stages to volume production at Worldwide Manufacturing Partners (MPa), working closely with other (COMPANY NAME) organizations in Asia responsible for production management.
* Hold the engineering responsibility after production starts, and improve the product and tests to optimize product quality, cost and manufacturing efficiency.
* New Product Development
* Understand and analyze new product mechanical subsystems and components to:
* Improve product reliability and quality, providing Design for manufacturing and serviceability feedback to R&D.
* Ensure Design is compatible with the chosen manufacturing processes.
* Specify, design/outsource and quality manufacturing equipment, tooling, tests and processes to guarantee industrialization. Provide support to production builds that happen during this phase at manufacturing site.
* Product launch and support post-launch
* Support production ramp fast resolving any product quality or yield problem for successful launch.
* Drive product improvements for best in class cost, manufacturability, performance and reliability.
* Monitor field failures and Customer elevations to rapidly fix any product or process missperformance.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical engineering discipline.
* 2-6 years of experience in complex products development or production within Operations, RnD or Quality.
* Familiar with DOE, data/statistical analysis, mathematical modeling and quality assurance techniques.
* Basic Programming skills (TCL, C, Phyton…)
* Fluent spoken and written English.
Skills and Competencies
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills for technically complex issues.
* Strong project management skills to coordinate own and others work
* Strong drive to make things happens. Able to make decisions taking thoughtful risks
* Able to influence on stakeholders to get alignment towards common goals
* Able to work collaboratively with teams from other disciplines, cultures and worldwide organizations.
* Excellent in communication. Fluent spoken and written English.
* Eager to learn. Proactive, self-motivated and positive.
Schedule -Full time
Shift -No shift premium (Spain)
EEO Tagline -
(COMPANY NAME) Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities