About the Opportunity
Over recent years, (COMPANY NAME) Europe has experienced considerable growth and as a result, has embarked on several critical and expansive transformation programs designed to support and continue that growth. Finance Systems Team is looking for a Finance Systems & Database Analyst to support operations in Europe. The key responsibilities for this role are to troubleshoot and improve the performance of finance systems, maintain databases as well as integrations between systems. He or she will work closely with IT and Finance Teams all over Europe. The individual is also expected to contribute to our global projects in the cloud (Azure) and On-premises environment.
About the role
* Manage and resolve queries and issues at all levels.
* Effectively use other Microsoft SQL Server Solutions (MSSQL Studio, Visual Studio).
* Maintain and improve MS SQL databases (creating and modifying tables, views, stored procedures).
* Build and understand complex T-SQL queries for reporting purposes.
* SQL Jobs - maintenance and proactive troubleshooting (updating existing jobs and creating new ones).
* Support and improve existing integrations between different systems.
* Assist in troubleshooting performance issues on the database such as slow running queries.
* Ensure data accuracy and credibility (in terms of integrity, simplicity and performance)
* Analyse user issues and create solutions that effectively meet these needs.
* Work closely with DBA's, software developers and finance teams.
* Cooperate proactively with business end users and clearly document their requirements.
* Communicate progress and deliver results in a timely manner.
What we can offer
(COMPANY NAME) is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognizing that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm. Our team of business services professionals play a significant role in the success of (COMPANY NAME), and we recruit Talent into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of teams at all levels.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter. If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact [responsible recruiter]. About us
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. (COMPANY NAME) is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. (COMPANY NAME)' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work
Technical Skills - Required
* Strong proficiency with T-SQL language and its variation among relational databases (RDBMS).
* Experience in SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio
* Experience in designing and managing ETL processes for local as well as global systems purposes.
* Strong understanding of data analysis and process modeling.
* Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries.
* Experience with MS SQL Management Studio and SQL Server Reporting Services.
* Proven experience:
* Strong overall IT skills including data manipulation and management.
* A good understanding of finance and accounting department needs within a legal environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; in particular, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people for whom English is not their native language.
* Objective focused with a tenacious appetite to provide the highest level of service.
* Able to demonstrate excellent customer/client facing skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to build internal and external relationships.
* Data Warehouse and OLAP cubes
* Integration Builder
* SQL Server Integration Services
* Azure SQL Database
* Programming languages
|Posted on:||21 Nov 2022|