Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
* Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
* Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
* Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
* Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
* Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring
* Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation.
* Contributes to the creation of reports, technology roadmapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
Requirement and Definition Management
* Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
* Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements.
* Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
* Prioritises requirements and documents traceability to source.
* Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
* Provides input to the requirements base-line.
* Investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
* Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology.
* Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of the software design and to allow for both functional and non-functional requirements.
* Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
* Recommends designs which take into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
* Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others' designs.
* Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed software to enable approval by stakeholders, and effective construction of the software.
* Verifies software design by constructing and applying appropriate methods.
* Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
* Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
* Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
* Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
* Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
* Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
* Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
* Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
* Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions.
* Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes. Analyses and reports test activities and results.
* Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
System Integration and Build
* Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
* Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
* Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
* Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
* Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
* Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests.
* Produces system integration reports.
Release and deployment
* Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
* Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
* May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
* Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
* Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
* Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
* May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
* Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
* Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
* Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
* Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
* Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient spoken and written command of English
* At least 5-year experience in IT
* 2 years of experience in relevant area
* 1 year of experience in team management
* Understanding of different culture
* Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets
Team: Information Technology
Brand: (COMPANY NAME)
Position Type: Full time