(COMPANY NAME) is looking for someone to join our team with the aim of growing (COMPANY NAME)'s international market presence and developing a strategy for our growing community in Spain. As a Market Development Manager, you will play an integral role in supporting our partners which includes web designers, agencies, consultants, app developers and marketers -part of (COMPANY NAME)'s global strategy to become the backbone for all commerce, as well as assist with product and business development gaps in order to improve the product market fit for your region.
(COMPANY NAME)'s brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with the in-country team to build awareness, improve product fit and drive merchant growth. This person will deliver value to (COMPANY NAME) through an understanding of ecommerce in Spain, drawing on their creativity to build relevant and highly effective partnerships while seeing ideas through to execution.
As of today, (COMPANY NAME) has over 820,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in Spain. The ideal candidate will be based out of Amsterdam and will have the ability to travel, through-out the country as well as internationally.
You'll be working on things like:
* Identifying localization product gaps and working with our R&D teams to help make (COMPANY NAME) better for merchants everywhere.
* Communicating with teams across (COMPANY NAME) as the local expert for Spain.
* Building relationships with our top existing partners and giving them the tools they need to help (COMPANY NAME) merchants grow their businesses.
* Identify and develop new strategic partnerships (agencies, affiliates, apps, government, marketplaces, etc.).
* Leading marketing and business development initiatives to increase the brand awareness of (COMPANY NAME).
* Running growth experiments to increase our merchant and partner acquisition.
* Setting targets, executing and reporting on various co-marketing campaigns, go-to-market strategies, and partner training initiatives.
* Initiating and participating in discussions across functional teams within (COMPANY NAME) including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Growth, and Finance to execute on various opportunities and share failures / lessons learned as we constantly seek to improve.
You'll need to have:
* Hustle, and lots of it!
* Strong understanding of the Spanish e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agencies).
* Developed and led critical initiatives working alongside other functional teams: product, finance, legal, and marketing.
* Experience in partner management, sales, channel partnerships, business development either in an agency or product company.
* Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
* Strong analytical skills and comfortable with making data-informed decisions.
* An entrepreneurial mind which is target driven.
* Ability to travel regularly for work.
* Strong communication skills in Spain (both written and oral).
* Entrepreneurial mind; if you've started a business of your own before that would be great!
* Experience using any of the following tools: Tableau, Zendesk, Salesforce, Github, Hubspot and Mode. Don't worry if some of this tech is new to you - we provide great on the job training :)
* Technical skills and understanding for website development technologies.
* Experience in event or sponsorship management.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!
Closing Date: Friday, July 19th at 9am CEST
At (COMPANY NAME), we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities