Delivering the best (COMPANY NAME) experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That's what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help (COMPANY NAME) give it to them.
We are looking for Android engineers to join our Core Experience Tribe in Gothenburg. Our teams drive the user experience of most of (COMPANY NAME)'s Android and iOS mobile app features. We work on both music and talk audio, defining the state of the art for a mobile audio streaming experience. The tribe works across product, design, engineering, data science and user research in cross-functional teams. As we are one of the largest tribes at (COMPANY NAME), the tribe has been organized into three product areas that are responsible for different parts of the experience. You will be a part of the product area Identity & Investment where some of our responsibilities are Social listening, Your library and Playlists.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. At (COMPANY NAME) we are constantly changing and adapting to the surrounding circumstances, which means that the teams and the responsibilities may change. Right now we need to ramp up in the squad working with Playlist Experience. We are mainly focused on frontend development where we make the playlist experience better and more inspirational for our users. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you'll do
* You will collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems within the playlist domain
* You will contribute to craft the direction of Android development at (COMPANY NAME)
* You will monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
* You will deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
* You will share knowledge, evangelize standard methodologies and collaborate with some of the best engineers in the company
* You will ensure that our playlist experience is the very best it can be
* You will have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack week
* You will work from our awesome office in Gothenburg - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
Who you are
* You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
* You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and are curious about learning Kotlin.
* You are experienced with Android development tools.
* You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and like cooperating with your and other teams
* You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
* You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
* You are familiar with open source
You are welcome at (COMPANY NAME) for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
(COMPANY NAME) transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users