Within the (COMPANY NAME) GIS organization we are now looking for an engaged team player to have the role as Junior Architect in our Product Lifecycle Management team. Global IS (GIS) is an organization with great diversity, focusing on adding business value to the whole of (COMPANY NAME) around the globe through great business process, IT application and infrastructure knowledge.
As a Junior Architect your main purpose will be to develop and configure the PLM platform based on Enovia with Java customization on top. You will be part of a truly global team with members in many parts of the world.
We work in an Agile way, and with continuous improvement both when it comes to Agile and DevOps. As a Junior Architect you will be expected to give valuable input and drive this continuous improvement.
PLM is strategically a very important area within (COMPANY NAME), and we are about to release a key project, which is aiming at achieving great improvements within the whole engineering development process.
The Junior Architect will have an essential role and many possibilities to influence this continued PLM journey. As part of the PLM team, focus is also placed on each individual's personal development, and making sure that there is a career path for everyone.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
The primary job task in the beginning will be to work as SW developer, in order to learn the platform from a deep technical level. As a SW developer on the Enovia platform it is important to understand the set up framework and make sure the Java code is written in the correct way in order to fit into this framework.
Other important areas for the Junior architect:
* To be the contact person in technical matters related to (COMPANY NAME) customized PLM systems
* Assist and support the Solution Managers in solution discussions and for time estimates
* Be part of AD and support AM teams in technical discussions
* Review functional and create technical specifications
* Together with Senior Architects be responsible for the system architecture to make reuse as easy as possible
* Create functional specifications for more technical requirements
* Make sure code is written according to programming standards and directives
* Perform code reviews when requested
* Drive performance analysis and suggest improvements
* Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing and error resolution
* Have a technical overview of Enovia products/functionality
* Participate in or drive prototyping and proof of concepts
Qualifications & Experience
The right candidate should have a minimum of below qualifications and experience:
* University degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
* Developing JEE applications in the Enovia Live Collaboration environment
* Experience in Software Development Life Cycle
* A good understanding of information modeling
* Good knowledge and experience of Agile and DevOps working style
* Knowledge in state of the art debugging technologies
* Knowledge in state of the art coding technologies
* Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written
* The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Other areas of importance in order to be successful in this role are:
Very good aptitude and ability to learn and pick up new concepts quickly
Clear and crisp communication with confidence
Positive and proactive attitude and ability to work in a global organization with different nationalities/cultures, background and skills
Structured and organized
Flexible and service-minded
Good social skills and results driven
A true team player, with end goal/product always in focus
Passion for technology and deliver with quality