We all know that our eating and drinking choices have an impact on our own health but also the health of our society and our planet. Danone believes in building a healthier future through food. At Danone there are today 100.000 Danoners that operate with four businesses globally; fresh dairy, medical nutrition, water and early life nutrition. In the Nordic countries Danone operates with brands such as Activia, Actimel and Proviva.
With Danone's global presence, brands and business within Danone's mission - bringing health through food to as many people as possible - Danone believes that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
Are you a driven and ambitious professional looking for your next step in your career? Are you longing for joining a truly international company with entrepreneurial spirit? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
The Category Manager is a part of the Nordic Sales Department and reports to the Head of Market and with a functional reporting line to the Head of Strategic Insights. You are a part of the Nordic Leadership team and have a team responsibility of one person.
The objective of the Category Management function is to develop a shopper and customer understanding enabling Danone & ProViva to market and sell our products in the best way possible. For the Category Manager this specifically means that he or she will be responsible for forming the company's view of the categories in which we operate, and based on that initiate and drive activities that will develop our position. On top of this the role requires a close relation with our retail customers as a large part of the work will be done in collaboration.
We have high ambitions for the Category Management area and aim to be perceived as the leading company in the juice and dairy categories within two years:
Some of the key responsibilities for the Category Manager will be to:
* Identify the drivers for future category growth and become a strategic Category and Shopper advisor internally.
* Be responsible and lead the implementation of the Danone global Category Vision with key customers.
* Establish a solid relationship and drive the strategic agenda with Danone's customers based on knowledge and collaboration.
* Drive understanding of customer performance and the effect of our initiatives and identify opportunities, this by leveraging multiple data sources.
* Leverage market data to provide recommendations on space, range, promotions and pricing.
* Be the expert in Shopper behaviour with a solid understanding of our customers' strategies and performance.
* Develop and follow-up initiatives with the Sales team (KAM, and Field Sales)
* Collaborate with Strategy & Insights and the Marketing department in the product development process by delivering category insights.
Key Interaction areas
In the job the Category Manager will create exciting new work through close collaboration with Strategy & Insights department, Key Account Managers, Trade Marketing Manager, Sales Force Manager and Brand Managers.
The Category Management function's remit of responsibility is Shopper and Customer. This means that the Category Manager is responsible for the knowledge of these areas and also driving the agenda internally and externally with our customers. Examples of areas of focus for the Category manager are:
- Shopper in store behaviour
- Assortment strategies by customer and banner
- Implementation and tailoring Danone shopper and customer initiatives (such as Category Vision)
The remit of the Strategy & Insights team is Consumer and Brand and to drive the knowledge of these areas. This includes
- Consumer trends
- Brand equity development
- Competitor intelligence
- Innovations planning
The two functions will be cooperating closely feeding knowledge of each respective area into each other. Example of this is Category Manager to feed Shopper and Customer knowledge into the innovation process and from the S&I team feeding Consumer trends and brand equity into the Category Management function.
Danone is looking for
We are looking for someone that has the ability to communicate and realize your visions within a complex environment of Sales and Marketing and external customers. You need to have a strong analytical mind being able to interpret and make recommendations based on different sources of quantitative and qualitative data. For example Nielsen Scantrack and focus group discussions. The role will work across a number of departments, to get work implemented this means that you must be able to see things from different perspectives, particularly from a sales and marketing, but also through our retail customers' perspective. Danone work at a fast pace and it is important that you are able to learn quickly and are interested in constantly try new ways of doing things.
Welcome to apply to external recruitment firm Nigel Wrigth at http://sx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx/?q