Process Specialist, Manufacturing Science and Technology (m/f/d)
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives. Focused on serving patients’ needs by using the latest technologies, we develop and deliver innovative therapies that are used to treat people with life-threatening medical conditions and to help them live full lives. The parent company, CSL Limited, is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
In May 2014, CSL selected Lengnau in the Canton of Bern in Switzerland as the location of a new manufacturing facility to support the commercial production of our promising novel therapies. In May 2020, CSL announced the strategic partnership with Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science. Thermo Fisher will lease and operate the Lengnau state-of-the-art biotech manufacturing facility once construction is completed in 2021. It is anticipated that employees at the site who are engaged for the operation of the site and the commercial production of our therapies in Lengnau will automatically transfer to Thermo Fisher Scientific once construction is complete. Today, more than 200 employees work in Lengnau.
You can find more information on the strategic partnership with Thermo Fisher here (https://www.cslbehring.com/newsroom/2020/thermo-fisher-and-csl) and some more information about the prospects of a future career with Thermo Fisher here (https://corporate.thermofisher.com/en/about-us.html).
We are looking for talented and dedicated personalities that share our passion to develop and deliver innovative therapies. With your commitment, reliability and high-quality standards you help us to improve the quality of life for those in need.
We are currently recruiting for a
Process Specialist, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), 80-100% (f/m/d)
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
During the Project Phase (until mid of 2021):
- Support/contribute to/guide the definition of processes for manufacturing of recombinant proteins (USP/DSP/Media&Buffer) under the lead of the operational teams
- Both independently and collaboratively, support/contribute/guide drug substance manufacturing process start-up activities
- Support/contribute to/guide the establishment of fully automated processes, together with stakeholders of the operation, engineering and automation teams
- Function effectively as a core team member
During commercial phase:
- Support/contribute to/lead problem solving using analytical thinking gained through formal education and/or previous roles
- Drive continuous improvement projects for lean and cGMP-compliant manufacturing
- Support/contribute to/lead evaluation of deviations, defines appropriate corrective/preventive actions and initiates/drives change control requests
- Support the operations team in daily routine manufacturing (only applies for Juniors)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor / Master / PhD degree in biochemistry, pharmaceutical, technical or life-science
- Experience in the area of recombinant protein production and purification processes a plus
- Knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and engineering scaling principles preferred
- Experience in a cGMP-regulated production environment (pharmaceutical or biotech industry) is an asset
- Learns new processes quickly and engages in assignments to drive for action
- Strong team player for collaboration in, and coordination of, task-dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills, technical writing ability, and good attention to detail
- Good German and English proficiency (written and spoken)
|Posted on:||26 Apr 2021|
|Job starts:||As soon as possible|
|Languages:||English (fluent), German (intermediate)|
|Study areas:||Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Manufacturing Sciences (including CAD - CAM - CAE), Microbiology, Natural Sciences|