Position: Medical Affairs Manager, Diabetes & Renal
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Competitive Salary & Excellent Company Benefits
If you have expertise in providing medical insights to drive strategic decision-making and would like to be considered a trusted scientific collaborator, (COMPANY NAME) may be where you could apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines!
At (COMPANY NAME), we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. We pride ourselves on making sure that each decision we make puts patient needs first. This approach means that our people have permission to take the more unusual path. If they can think of a better, smarter way in which we can change lives through science, we want to hear it.
In this role you will work as a medical affairs expert and support the development and sales promotion of drugs in cross-functional teams. You will report directly to the Lead Medical Affairs Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolics (CVRM).
What you'll do
You will work closely together in a cross-functional brand team as a medical-scientific expert in the field of diabetes, metabolic and kidney diseases, and based on the product strategy, deal with clinical or medical issues, as well as regulatory issues. You will give your medical scientific input on our sales promotion and other activities, including their implementation and the material used. You will also be responsible for the medical-scientific training and further education of the sales force in the field of diabetes and renal therapies.
Other responsibilities will include
* Participating in national and international congresses.
* Organising and implementing national advisory boards and local medical projects (studies and training programmes) on your own responsibility.
* Independently support opinion leaders in Switzerland, in particular by providing and communicating scientific information on (COMPANY NAME) diabetes and renal products.
* Organising and conducting local events such as seminars, symposia and training courses for medical professionals and present scientific data at internal events.
* Being responsible for the internal release of promotional and presentation material (NomSig).
* Working with the marketing department on all medical issues relating to diabetes and renal products over their entire life cycle.
* Supporting the Medical Information and Patient Safety department in responding to medical scientific inquiries about diabetes and renal products.
* Translation and operational implementation of the global medical affairs strategy into country plans in alignment with the Lead Medical CVRM.
* Identify evidence generation gaps and seek opportunities to close data gaps to support scientific advancement for patient benefits
Essential for the role
* University degree in a health-related scientific field, such as M.D., Pharm.D. or Ph.D
* Professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in medical affairs, medical science liaison, clinical medicine and/or drug development
* Professional experience in supporting external opinion leaders in the diabetes or renal field is desirable
* A good understanding of the therapeutic areas for which AZ products are suitable, especially in the field of diabetes and renal diseases
* Strong business acumen, strategic mindset and solution-oriented working style
* Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and ethical framework and the procedural guidelines that apply to the promotion and approval of medicinal products in Switzerland (Pharmacodex, Compliance)
* Extensive experience in analysing, processing and effectively communicating scientific data (peer to peer level)
* Communicative competence and presentation skills
* Very good knowledge of spoken and written German
* very good command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of French is desired
Why (COMPANY NAME)
At (COMPANY NAME) we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your CV by 31st January 2022.
Where can you find more?
Our Social Media, Follow (COMPANY NAME) on LinkedIn
Follow (COMPANY NAME) on Facebook
Follow (COMPANY NAME) on Instagram
(COMPANY NAME) embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Languages:||English, German, French|