We believe that clothes - and how you make them - can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been passionate about innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world - supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
For LFA - Levi's® Footwear and Accessories Italy, we are currently looking for a Footwear Developer to join our Footwear Development Team in our Italian Office in Bioggio (Switzerland).
In this role you will be reporting to the Global Product Developer & QA Footwear Mgr.
As Footwear Developer you will be working closely with the PD Manager and design team partnering with materials and footwear vendors in far east to develop the collection working from initial concept through to finished product.
* Assist the Product Development Manager to work with design to support the process of material research sourcing/development and prototyping for the category of products mostly sneakers with EVA/ Philon sole and innovative materials.
* Assist on checking all specs before passing to local development team .
* Prevent technical /construction issues on design step .
* Able on reading amending the Blue print (sole technical design )
* Assists in ordering raw materials for prototypes and samples and in implementing the seasonal development critical paths for each style ensuring deadlines are achieved.
* Communicate with relevant suppliers, assists with the daily follow up of prototyping and raw material developments.
* Control and contribute on creating prototypes and samples managing them and sample process in collaboration with Supply Chain, Merchandising and Vendors.
* Manage and update technical packs ensuring that contains all relevant components are truly uploaded .
* Footwear Developer and pattern maker with at least 3 years' sport casual / brand experience specializing in either men's or women's footwear.
* Good technical knowledge of constructions, pattern making , drawing on vacuum plastic last (disegnare su formelle ) fits, techniques, raw materials and finishes
* Experience working with far east vendors essential
* Fluent English essential
* Well acknowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience of PDM (Product development management)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Excellent organization skills
* Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment and in achieving seasonal deadlines
30% - 40%
What we offer
* An opportunity to work in a world-renowned, historic fashion brand that lives by its values
* A chance to drive in an organization undergoing significant growth and transformation
* An outstanding experience in an international, energetic and fun environment
* A work appointment at one of the best chino brands working with high caliber, experienced professionals
* A fun, creative, modern casual dress culture
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
FULL TIME/PART TIME