(COMPANY NAME) people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 2xxx0 km, 3xxx0 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we shape the world around us and develop the future - here and today! Passion for innovation and pioneering technologies is our motivation. Every day, we develop smart solutions for safety-critical applications in railway technology, aerospace, defense and security.
(COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Operations and Project Portfolio Manager (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
This includes the following responsibilities:
* Operations and Project Portfolio Management: Member of the management team. Budget responsibility of all operation cost centers. Supporting BCP, YAL and audits. Close collaboration with finance and project controller. Operatively support the team leader of the project managers (5 persons including team leader) by actively engaging in costumer contact, CCN- and bid-reviews, cost-reviews, escalation support, negotiations, project management quality improvements, process implementation, representation of company in key aspects of important projects. Strong back ground in risk management in project execution.
* Performance: monitoring of execution performances, root cause analysis of the events and elaboration of improvement and prevention strategies in collaboration with the rest of the management team. Contribution to industrial quality committee (IQC). Definition and implementation of relevant KPIs. Reporting and collaboration with MCC for performances and industrial aspects. Actively supporting the Performance Review of Switzerland.
* Supply Chain: Channel the interaction of the supply chain team (4 persons including team leader covering Procurement and Supplier Operations and logistics aspects including warehouse) with the stakeholders (their work as project buyer within the project core team, the interactions with procurement organization and supplier organization within TAS JV, supplier risk management and supplier complaints).
* Facilities and Real Estate: Guarantee the integrity of means and facilities together with the facility manager (1 person). Taking responsibility for physical security, entry and badge system, equipment and facility related systems including budget. Keeping good relationship and doing stake holder management of responsible persons of the renting company as well as for the many supporting companies for maintenance of facilities, cleanroom and cleaning services.
* IT/IS: Point of Contact to IT/IS. Understanding the user requirements and bridging the needs of the business versus the (security) requirements of IS/IT in daily life. Coordination of the different IT/IS stakeholder (proximity service, (COMPANY NAME) services, TAS services, CISO) and budgeting together with finance.
* Trade Compliance / Export Control: Facilitating and supporting the export control manager (1 person part time) in the daily business. Coordinating and mediation between the various interfaces to trade compliance.
* Contracts Management: Ensuring that the contracts manager get the right information to support the projects in contractual matters being it bids, change requests, customer complaints or supplier complaints. Involving and mediating in disputes. Supporting negotiations. Contracts management is part of a service level agreement with (COMPANY NAME) Switzerland (2 persons, 60% part time).
* HSE, health, safety, environment: Making HSE reality by generating an HSE awareness with regular information, ensuring health and safety of employees by supporting the HSE manager in his work and strengthening his authority. Gather together with real estate manager and HSE manager environmental data and plan improvements. Regular HSE flash audits, legal surveys and improvement actions have to be initiated and tracked by the HSE manager. HSE is part of a service level agreement with (COMPANY NAME) Switzerland (1 person part time).
* Background: degree in engineering or similar, continuous education in one or two of the above topics, at least 5 years in similar position, proven track record of leadership with multi-disciplinarily teams, languages: English (mandatory fluency) , German and French strongly recommended
* Used to work in teams, an integrator, coordinator and motivator of teams
* Able to decide towards team, customers, partners with the required assertiveness
* Able to take responsibility for the decisions
* Able to delegate in the appropriate way
* Reliable partner for customers, suppliers, team and management
* Able to get a fast overview on complex situations and to prioritize in a fast pace environment
* Explanatory and presentation skills appropriate to level of audience
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7xxx xxx xxxx9
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about (COMPANY NAME) as an employer, visit wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxr
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now