The position's focus area is starch and area that affect the starch production lines including wet mill. The role has a responsibility of design, installation, testing of starch process; follow up KPI execution and improvements in plant; implementation of standardization of processes as stated in CMOs. The key roles of the position is that liaises between research & development and manufacturing, recommends production systems in terms of Best practices and equipment to make system more efficient and sustainable; provides engineering advices and determines probable costs for process improvement projects. Preparation of alternative solutions and systems to stakeholders and managers. Share with the related responsible (inc. managers and the rest of the involved people) the execution of the decided steps and control the different stages till get the solution of the problem.
40% YIELD IMPROVEMENT
* Responsible for follow up and establish yield improvement projects. Organize trials with production team and proposes for investments and improvements
* Manage CMO implementations, CMO audits and audit plans, review updates in documents. Share modifications with related groups
* Primary contact with Central PDG (PFL and energy) and responsible for transferring cost value added knowledge and projects in both directions in annual basis.
* Follow up chemical and system efficiency at Starch department in daily, monthly and annual basis
* Prepares monthly reports about KPI for internal and external contacts
* Work with Maintenance & Reliability group in order to improve efficiency of existing process equipment
* Interact with external suppliers through Purchasing department in order to test or replace any kind of equipment or consumable
* Responsible to examine dents for IDEX meetings in daily basis, track dent analysis and following actions to reach more stable operations
* Support Continuous Improvement by providing data and analysis related to starch production lines
20% FEED&FOOD SAFETY
* Responsible for achievement of the Business Unit's goals of food safety and co-ordinating the internal communication about food safety efficiently. Report the problems with proposed solutions about food safety to related people. Takes the action with MOC and PIF forms.
* Be member of Food Safety Team and be accountable for FSSC 2xxx0 food safety management system. Conduct Risk Assessment analysis and take care of the productive processes and maintains in the defined efficiency limits
* Evaluate the new supplier to mitigate food safety risks and reduce quality risks in terms of SEM management requirements
* Follow SEM BSC Index which contains monthly evaluation of suppliers' performance and supplied product
* Responsible to attend audits as a Food Safety auditor
* Work with Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory group for improvement projects in testing period of proposed equipment or consumable to define net benefit.
* To be a member of customer solution team makes customer visits and looks for improvement opportunities for customer satisfaction and profitability in both directions.
10% BENCHMARKING & BEST PRACTİSE
* Conduct engineering studies to justify the purchase or building of plant and equipment required for new manufacturing methods. Survey all manufacturing operations to determine areas of process investigation.
* Project leader for transfer of knowledge from different (COMPANY NAME) locations and suppliers.
* Prepare and propose process projects with supporting documents, Write and follow up MOC and PIF forms in Engineering Department
* Follow and monitor the energy efficiency of the whole plant and looks for energy optimization projects, defines cost competitive production in coordination with Energy Leader.
5% WASTE WATER
* Conduct engineering studies to justify the purchasing or building of plant and equipment required for new waste treatment and disposal methods.
5% ENVIRONMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Propose new solutions in terms of Safety, Health and Environment. If project-based solution is necessary, out of EHS audit, 7 S tours, takes necessary actions.
* Plan and organize risk assessments for new projects and trials. Ensure the plant operators training, to get an optimal knowledge of the processes.
* Handle necessary accountabilities with respect to ISO1xxx1 and OHSAS1xxx0
* Propose new solutions for inefficient operational work.
* Examine and analyze cross functional tasks/duties which can be unnecessary or inefficient, proposes new ways or systems to handle them easily.
5% MOC KEY USER:
* Support using eMOC system effectively and ensure completion of the recording related modifications on the system
* Responsible to follow up and report the MOC performance
5% PROCESS SAFETY RISK MANAGEMENT (PSRM)
* Responsible of keeping the PSI(Process Safety Indicator) updated for the area of responsibility
* Responsible to request, collect, upload PSI for MOC, new project & installation
* Give required support to review of PSI annually
* When required support to conduct PRA (Process Risk Assessment) & Assign tasks accordingly
* Give required support to review PRAs as per PSRM Guideline
* Responsible of conduct and record PSSR (Pre-Start up Safety Review) when required
* Give required support to review PSSR Checklist annually
* Give required support to update EAP for the new process or according to the changes
* Give required support to Plan annual drills
* Give required support to Review EAP for all plant annually
* Support to organize and conduct EAP trainings annually
* Support to organize trainings, communicate and follow up the annual plan
* Support to create operating procedures when required
* Support to review operating procedures once in a year
* Support to check the request, collect, upload PSI for MOC, new project & installation
* Responsible to follow up and report out the MOC performance related to PSRM related changes
* University degree in Food Engineering or Chemical Engineering
* Deep knowledge and practice in Wet milling and starch production. Sound understanding of Refinery process.
* EHS policies and practices in (COMPANY NAME)
* System and Auditor certificate of ISO 2xxx0, OHSAS 1xxx1 and ISO 1xxx1 Management Systems
* Risk assessments, Root cause analysis methods
* Statistical process control theories and practices
* Project Management principles and execution
* Problem Solving and Decision-Making tools and practices
* CMO Internal Auditor
* Strong attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through written, verbal and presentation skills with multiple levels of (COMPANY NAME) and customer organizations
* Strong organization and time management skills
* Demonstrated competency and utilization of Statistical tools such as Minitab, JMP, Umetrics and/or other statistical or multivariate analysis tools.
* Project management experience
* Understanding of power and value of Process Modeling tools (Aspen and Umetrics) and when to apply.
* Ability to understand when intellectual property strategies and how they can provide business advantage.
* Ability to travel 20-40