Job title: Hangar Support Operator
Location: RAF Coningsby
Salary: £ 20,086
What you'll be doing:
The Hangar Support Role is a multi-tasking role which is both varied and busy in equal measures. The role is split into 3 specific tasking types which will be covered on a shift rotation basis, potentially to include evening working and occasional weekends.
● Fetching / carrying of test equipment / AGE / consumables and various other items on request
● Carrying out vehicle daily inspections
● Towing of aircraft ground equipment
● General maintenance tasks to include (but not limited to) emptying bins, hangar husbandry and sweeping of floors
● Floor scrubbing using mechanical floor cleaner
● Fetching and carrying of various items to aid hangar floor engineers
● Waste disposal of oils and lubricants
● Ad-hoc tasking
● A/C washing using industrial wash equipment
● Use of chemical products for the above task
● Husbandry of the wash area
Your skills and experiences:
● You must hold a full, clean and valid driving licence
● Proven experience of working alongside people of various levels as you will be working alongside stakeholders both internally and externally
● Proven experience of seeing tasks through from beginning to end
● Proven experience of using Microsoft Tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
● Proven experience and/or knowledge of health and safety "best practices" within a professional environment
● Holds a first aid qualification or be prepared to work towards one
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Hangar Support Operator team:
As a Hangar Support Operator, you will support the maintenance teams in the logistics of equipment and parts for the aircraft. You will also be supporting the Typhoon platform by performing aircraft washes.
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for (COMPANY NAME) will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
At (COMPANY NAME) we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|