Manager - People Consulting (FS Banking - Learning/OD)
Service Line Information
In (COMPANY NAME)'s Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
(COMPANY NAME) Overview
Joining (COMPANY NAME) means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at (COMPANY NAME); a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
- HR Transformation
- Learning Solutions
- Organisational Transformation
- Risk and Conduct Change
- Workforce Transformation
We are seeking an FS PC Manager with experience of working within Banking. The individual must have knowledge and skills in Learning and Organisation Design (OD). They must also have proven experience working on and / or leading Transformational Learning and OD work streams or projects within Banking and wider Financial Services.
The candidate will need to have the following experience:
- Learning Design and Development - manage the delivery of high quality client project work and complex learning programmes. Specifically learning strategy, identifying business learning needs, design, development and delivery of digital and ILT products, development and maintenance of learning roadmaps, measurement of learning impact and implementation of learning certification.
- Organisation Design and experience in analysis of determining an organisation's cost buckets, establishing the organisation's baseline in the context of Organisational Design, and undertaking spans and layers analysis.
The People Consulting Manager will:
- Lead the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with colleagues from other areas of Management Consulting
- Manage a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
- Provide specialist Learning and OD advice
- Knowledge of Behavioural Change Management (BCM) and Regulatory Conduct Change is preferable
- Work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Manage quality/risk issues and suggest solutions.
- Contribute to People Consulting business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities or developing compelling and winning proposals.
- Contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers and to the People Consulting practice more generally
- Formal and informal coaching and development of team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development.
The successful candidate will:
- Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels
- Have established themselves in the market place as credible in learning and OD practices
- Experience in the implementation of change and or regulatory change initiatives e.g. Financial Crime, SMCR, MIFID, Conduct Risk, Culture audit or other regulatory areas is preferable
- Coach and develop team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders (at all organisational levels).
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience of Investment Banking and Retail Banking is preferred
- Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential
At (COMPANY NAME), your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
(COMPANY NAME) are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
(COMPANY NAME)'s commitment to diversity
(COMPANY NAME) consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the (COMPANY NAME) difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at (COMPANY NAME) by viewing our Policy
At (COMPANY NAME), we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
(COMPANY NAME) has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy