About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars. We believe everyone deserves to feel total assurance when buying a car. Our vision is to deliver the UK's best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today. We are backed by top investors and directed by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman, OBE.
We're looking for an experienced digital product designer to work with an agile squad of engineers, a product manager and other stakeholders to improve the way we track vehicles operationally. You'll be part of our growing design team, helping our finance team.
Joining a young, thriving company is a rare opportunity. You'll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals, but you'll be supported by kind, smart colleagues. Together, you'll constantly research, ship and improve a product that's genuinely helping people make the most of life on the road.
* Document systems interactions, integrations and dependencies in service blueprints, system maps, etc. to inform product decisions
* Execute user research, prototyping and testing with employees and other people who interact with the products and services you build
* Ensure we solve the right problems by working closely with product managers and stakeholders
* Create a clear product research base to inform decisions by researching and testing with people
* Facilitate workshops and interviews with key internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on making informed product decisions
* You will be laser focused on team alignment and strategy, and help the team succeed across multiple inter-dependent needs
* Support and mentor other members of the team and key stakeholders in Service Design best practices
This role is for an expert practitioner who has worked on large-scale and complex projects. You should be able to get stuck in and drive results quickly and effectively.
* Skilled with service design, interaction design and user research, you regularly facilitate workshops and align teams on outcomes
* Specialised in user-centred design practices, with a focus on accessibility and inclusive design in agile, multidisciplinary teams
* You demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory constraints, and stakeholder feedback.
* You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you're very comfortable with all of it.
* You nurture agreement in teams by having a developed toolkit of product discovery techniques and workshops to help facilitate design discussions and get people aligned on the problem.
* You have a portfolio of case studies showing your skills
* You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
* You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
* You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that's not what drives you. Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
* You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and interaction design
* You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
* You're proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
* You're passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
* You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
* You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
* Customer Obsessed. At (COMPANY NAME), people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with (COMPANY NAME) beyond just a website.
* Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it's crucial we stay humble.
* Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
* Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Our London home is located a stone's throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you'll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status
|Posted on:||16 Oct 2021|