Who are we ?
Brand: Jewson - Location: Brighton Job Title: Tool Hire Assistant
Reports to: Tool Hire Supervisor
Please see below for a technical job description for the above role. This vacancy will be updated in due course with the appropriate advert.
The position is only open to internal applicants of Saint Gobain. Please note that any applications made by people outside of Saint Gobain will not be considered at this stage.
To assist in the efficient running of Tool Hire through building relationships with customers and staff to achieve maximum sales potential and customer service.
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
* Ensure profitable customer relationships are built and maintained, including complaint resolution, preparing customer orders, loading and unloading safely and satisfactorily, ensuring any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
* Ensure sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly
* Ensure the safety of self, colleagues and customers, by maintaining an up to date knowledge of Tool Hire H&S procedures and ensuring any maintenance meets the necessary standards and H&S certification is maintained
* Complete all necessary administration, e.g. maintenance reports, monthly health checks, risk assessments and daily reports.
* Assist supervisor with managing stock levels, including weekly PPIs, incoming goods checked against delivery tickets, and participate in stock takes as required.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of products and regulations, awareness of Jewson products and services and identify opportunities for development
* Any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures (HR, Health & Safety, Business Controls, etc)
* Promote effective working relationships and teamwork with other departments and their staff
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
* CITB/NVQ qualifications relating to the tool hire/building/retail industry are preferable but not essential
* Full, clean driving license (c1e and be) is preferred
* Relevant product knowledge, preferably within hire business is an advantage
* Experience of working within a sales driven environment is a strong advantage
* Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations is desirable
* Excellent customer service skills are essential
* Strong communication skills are essential
* Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate