Who are we ?
Brand: Jewson - Location: Keynsham Job Title: Mill Machinist
To operate mill machinery to ensure customer needs are met; promote and maximise sales and margins by providing excellent customer service whilst maintaining a safe environment that is in line with company policies and procedures
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
* Operate mill machinery appropriately and in a manner compliant with company policies and procedures, ensuring all relevant checks are carried out.
* Maintain a consistently high standard of customer service, ensuring your own product knowledge is kept up to date in particular.
* Process and deliver all customer orders accurately and efficiently.
* Minimise branch costs by reducing waste and ensuring the mill works efficiently whilst not compromising on quality.
* Monitor and manage stock levels, ensuring shrinkage is kept at a minimum and participating in stock taking duties as required.
* Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
* Experience working with mill machinery
* Working knowledge of appropriate Health & Safety legislation
* A relevant understanding of the market and product knowledge
* Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Flexible and enthusiastic attitude
* Demonstrable customer service focus
* Able to create and maintain successful relationships
* Good organisational skills to manage stock
* Relevant qualification in wood machinery (City & Guilds , etc)
* GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
* Relevant forklift licence
* Experience in a sales/customer focussed role
* IT literate
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate