Customer Service Supervisor - Sales
Normanton, Wakefield (WF7 6HX) 42.5hrs
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Advisor to join our JPS team (Jewson Partnership Solutions). Our JPS contracts are buoyant and busy outlets solely focused on our contract with the local housing association.
The focus of this role is leading a sales team with processing telephone/ internet orders, stock management, product availability, monitoring van spares, customer quotes and overall delivering an excellent service to our client and their tradesmen. As this role supports the local housing association it would be advantageous to have a knowledge of building materials, this could be from a roofing / joinery, plumbing / electrical / trade merchant / DIY outlet background.
This role is crucial to the performance of the new contract, as such we are also looking for someone who has exceptional attention to detail with good communication skills and commercial awareness, a good understanding of building products, promotes an inclusive culture for both colleagues and customers, whilst being able to empower the team to provide great customer service.
What will I be doing?
Customer Service Advisor (Sales) is an essential role within the branch network, you will build relationships with Customers delivering a fantastic customer experience.
* Get to know our product lines with product training and trading system in order to make the most of all customer interactions in line with our JPS Values
* Service the customer (both face to face and over the phone), understanding their needs and providing proactive advice and solutions so that you can deliver the best experience possible
* Use our trading systems to process customer telephone/internet orders and collections, manage on-going projects and service level agreements
* Oversee van stock orders and collections
* Maintain good stock levels and areas of stock management control
* Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
* Supervise a sales team working with colleagues to suggest opportunities for improvement and support
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that really understand our values and ways of working. Experience within our industry is not essential, we are committed to providing you with the full tools and support required to carry out your role within JPS. So if you have a passion for customer service, people management, have great attention to detail, taking the time to understand others and embracing differences, can build trust and are able to proactively seek out solutions that are right for our customers, then you are likely to be a great fit!
Experience / Skills:
* Ideally a background in Building Merchants / DIY or related
* Knowledge of the local area would be beneficial
* Supervisory experience and working within a large team
* Great customer service skills
* Good attention to detail, proactive and organisational skills - basic understanding of excel, outlook, MS Teams and word essential.
Who are we ?
Jewson Partnership Solutions (JPS) is a brand within Saint-Gobain which specialises in providing solutions for our customers in the Public Sector predominately Housing Associations and Local Authorities. We are in partnership with Wakefield District Housing and operate a large stores in Normanton, Wakefield. The stores provides WDH Operators with a wide range of building maintenance materials including heating, plumbing, joinery, electrical and ironmongery. They also support and manage their van stocks.
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen. <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate
|Posted on:||25 Jan 2023|
|Industry:||Basic Materials / Construction|