Work with us
Moonpig is an iconic British brand and innovator, with great values which are reflected in our work culture. Our customers send 14 million gifts and cards each year to their loved ones, and we're committed to creating a magical experience for them. Our ambition is to become the ultimate companion for personal giving.
Our Product and Tech function has doubled in size over the past year. We're looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us in Manchester to take our Customer Experience to the next level.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be transforming how we care for our 6 million customers every day, and using customer feedback to improve our entire product. You'll define an inspiring vision and strategy for your product area, and shape and execute a product roadmap, working in a lean and iterative way.
You'll analyse data from our Customer Service calls to identify the top problems customers have using our website, and influence the other product teams to fix the root cause. You'll help us choose the right SaaS solutions to improve customer care at scale (e.g. help desk software, live chat, self-service solutions, dynamic FAQ, or bots).
Reporting to the Head of Product, you'll be joining 8 other Product Managers in a high-profile function which is growing in size and influence. You'll be given autonomy over goal-setting, decision-making and execution. You'll be coached by an experienced Product Manager, and collaborate closely with a Customer Service Experience Lead, UX Researcher and a Head of Engineering. You can expect to travel to HQ in London roughly once per month, and occasionally to Liverpool to visit our Customer Service Agents.
* 1-2+ years' work experience at a digital company or a management consultancy.
* Use of various decision-making frameworks to make trade-offs (e.g new feature development vs. feature optimization; quick wins vs. strategic initiatives).
* Ability to communicate and defend prioritisation decisions in front of senior stakeholders. Ability to formulate a convincing business case for proposed initiatives.
* Ability to document and communicate requirements to engineers using user stories, process diagrams, or other techniques.
* Presentation skills, particularly the ability to translate complex concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
* Conceptual familiarity with modern software architecture principles and data.
* Experience in eCommerce or Retail.
* Data manipulation and analysis (using any tool e.g. Excel, SQL, or Google Analytics).
Want to hear more about Moonpig and our benefits? Take a look at our dedicated hiring site https://hxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xx/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status