Job Type: Contractor
Contract Duration: 4-6 months
Purpose of the Role:
To lead or assist in the operation and maintenance of the suite of Build and Test Operations dynamometers and rigs. Comprising of, but not exclusive to, various cross departmental disciplines of, component sign off procedures, material and structures development, brake component architecture development and batch testing and tyre profile data accumulation.
Build and Test Operations Manager
Laboratory and Component Test Manager
* Preparation, build and execution of brake component architecture tests.
* Conformance and durability testing of batch and development brake materials.
* Preparation, build, installation and execution of tyre characterisation and profile analysis rig.
* Define, maintain and action dynamometer and rig service/maintenance schedules
* Routine service, sign off of car components
* Type approval of new and first off components
* Development testing on present and future concepts and materials
* Install/maintain relevant test instrumentation hardware and ensure reliable function
* Monitor, capture, post process and present test data to engineers, databases and lifing software suites
* Compile run reports
* Assist with installation of test assemblies/components
All of the above are required to be completed to a very high standard, often to tight deadlines and in a pressurised environment.
To ensure ongoing proficiency and by way of continuous improvement the successful applicant, where appropriate will be enlisted into existing training programmes to ensure all team members utilise current or develop new skill sets. As such you will be required to show flexibility and willingness to learn on the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Recent experience of working with Formula 1 car assemblies within a Vehicle Technology environment and or contemporary transmission, transient engine, brake system or similar dynamometers for a highly technical engineering function
* Experience in the use, set up and operation of hydraulic actuators and test rigs working in both position and load control.
* Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings
* Experience in the use, application and maintenance of data acquisition sensors
* Familiarity with data acquisition software such as ATLAS
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* A drive and commitment to continuous improvement
* Good communicative skills for both receipt and feedback of engineering information
* Must be able to proactively use initiative where appropriate
* Highly self-motivated to achieve targets set both for this role and the wider team
* A team player who is supportive of others
* Determined, results focused and driven to achieve successful outcome
* Eager to learn and develop own skills
* Good analytical skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively to deadlines
* The ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and abroad as required to support dynamometer activities