(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
(COMPANY NAME) is Europe's number one Defence and Space enterprise, so what better way to start your Technical Apprenticeship than with an industry leader.
Being a Technical Apprentice at (COMPANY NAME) Defence & Space means you will get to develop both mechanical and electrical skills within the three year programme. You will be immersed in a stimulating manufacturing environment based at either our Farnborough, Portsmouth or Stevenage sites. Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will study towards a minimum of BTEC L3 and a maximum of HNC L4 level, depending on your prior educational attainment. Please be advised that a relevant Standard - Space Engineering Technician will replace the previously mentioned qualifications when released. This qualification is the equivalent to the required mandatory Government Standards being delivered in England in 2020.
During the first year, you will gain both academic knowledge and practical experience. For years two and three, you will be on a day-release programme which is structured to give you a unique chance to experience different areas of the business and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how (COMPANY NAME) Defence & Space works. The exciting projects you could be getting involved in during your placement includes:
- Panel structure build involving composite techniques and carbon fibre filament winding.
- Assembly of solar array drive mechanisms, antenna deployment and trimming mechanism.
- Integration and assembly of chemical propulsion systems.
- Manufacture of dual and multiple layer insulation and integration on spacecraft.
- Material treatments including grit blasting of metallic items before application of corrosion inhibiting primers and paints.
- Satellite mechanical engineering.
- At least five GCSEs (achieved or predicted) including a Grade 5/6 (B) in Maths and English.
- Passion for engineering, which you will be able to demonstrate through your educational choices or hobbies. For example, you may have been part of an engineering club at school or perhaps you enjoy fixing mechanical and electrical things in your spare time.
- Oaklands College, Welwyn Garden City (Stevenage).
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief